Fight To The Death

School Hallway, 9:32 PM

Third Person POV

As the seven headed to their next destination, Milly read the next clue out loud:

"Sports is important, we all love fitness. Basketball, football, tennis- all available. But a small fight couldn't hurt, or can it...?"

Milly shoved the paper furiously into her pocket. "The gym's where we're heading."

After Daisy's incident, none of them tried to talk about it, but the horrifying sight of seeing Daisy drown was enough to give them the creeps.

Suddenly the torches went out, and it was way darker than usual.

"Sean? Jake?" Hailey looked around, nervously pressing the button on her torch as many times as she can. When her torch went on again, she was alone.

Fear shrivelled on her skin.

Maybe they already went to the gym, she hoped. She put on her most bravest attitude and rushed to the gym.

"Guys? Milly? Zander?" Hailey slowly opened the door. It was a little bright, but she still could see nothing.

"Hello there!" A voice rang.

A stage light mysteriously showed a figure on the middle seats. She looked like the same age as Hailey, and had red vibrant eyes and black hair with a braid. She was wearing a light grey sweater, black pants and brown boots.

"Who are you?" Hailey asked.

"I'm Amelia." She clapped twice, and another stage light showed the seat right behind her. Hailey stared in horror.

Elliot, Zander, Luke and Sean, who turned into puppets, were hanging right above the brunette. The strings reached up until the ceiling, but Hailey couldn't tell because of the darkness."What did you do to them?"

"Oh, nothing much." Amelia said in a sweet tone while smiling gently. I just want to entertain myself."

She stopped smiling and gave daggers at her. "If you win this fight here, you will have your friends, but still need to solve the clues. If you die, Milly here will live instead."

"Milly?" Hailey looked back, only to see Milly at the end of the seats. She looked uneasy, upset and pretty much sad.

"What...." Hailey stammered.

"However, if you don't fight..." Amelia's iris glowed red. "You will ALL die."

More lights appeared.

"Milly, we don't have to do this."

"I'm sorry," Milly aimed her baton. "But it's not a choice."

She hit her with it, but Hailey protected herself with her dagger. While they fought, Amelia sat there, amused.

"Ah, see, sister?" she said to herself. "Even I can control what's around me.

Hailey punched Milly and she fell down.

"Milly! Are you okay?" Hailey kneeled down to check her.

"...Call an ambulance... but not for me."

 Milly kicked her with both her legs while she laid down. Hailey almost fell down. She tried to gain her balance, but Milly knocked her down. While she struggled to get up, the baton was on her neck.

"Any last words?" Milly thundered, though tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Yes. Goodbye, Milly." she said, grabbing her dagger with her hand.

The next second, the dagger was through Milly's chest.

Hailey furiously shoved her away, then stood up. Milly shoved the dagger out of her body, stood there breathing heavily for a few seconds while covering her hands on the wound, then fell down tragically. After a few seconds, Hailey realised what she has done.