Aimed And Ejected

Cafeteria, 9:57 PM

Jake POV

"Sean, are you okay? You look a little pale." Luke asked Sean as he took a bite out of an apple.

"No.. I'm fine. Probably a little tired."

"So, what's the third clue?" I glanced at Hailey as I tossed the water bottle to the trash can.

"Well... the office where parents come and register their kids, the office kids go in when they're in trouble, the office you go to talk about your situation, the office everybody despises and loves."

"...The Principal's office. Everybody hates and loves it." Zander shrugged and ate the last of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was his favourite snack after a panicking meltdown. 

"Okay. here's what we're going to do so that no one dies. We all split up in pairs. Me and Jake, Sean and Elliot, and Luke and Zander. Me and Jake will try to find the office, while you guys confuse Amelia onto where you're going. In this way, there's a chance Amelia won't target us."

"Good point. Let's go." Sean said, then let out a cough.

"Sean? You okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine."

"Maybe your running out of oxygen." Luke suggested.

"No... the oxygen tank says it's full. I'll probably just have a slight cough, and I'll be all right."

"You're scaring us, that's all." Hailey muttered nervously. "Well... I guess we should go."

Security Room, 10:00 PM

Amelia POV

I glanced at them through the security cameras. Their little plan to split up will just go horribly wrong. Those poor little things think they can go against me.

I glared at a framed photo of my family. "Sister... you took all the love from our parents and our brother for yourself. You took almost everything from me. Everyone at school knows your name, but me? No one even knows I exist."

I sighed and glared at the security cameras. "Once I wipe out all of those children using my mother's spell book, I will have all. And you will have nothing. They say splitting up can reduce the fact that I will find a target, but little do they know I already aimed for my target." 

I let out a grin.

"You won't be the best for long, Sadie."

School Hallway, 10:09

Third Person POV

Zander looked apologetically at Luke. He was... silent, and obviously had something on his mind. He really wanted to know what bothering him, also because he wanted to talk to someone.

"Uh... Luke...?"

"Huh?" Luke looked at the grape haired boy. "Oh, hey Zander."

"Have you even been worried... that... you know... someone else was going to die anytime soon, and that you'll never see the sun rise again...?"

Luke was silent for a moment. "...Well... yes. I've been thinking about it all the time ever since Daisy drowned. But... I really didn't think about my life."

"Then who have you been thinking about?" 

Luke stared at those bright curious eyes as he stopped. "I've been thinking more about you lately. I was pretty much afraid that I might lose you. And I don't want that to happen."

"...Really?" Zander blushed.

Luke smiled at him. "Of course. Would I really be worth it if I didn't?" Then, out of the blue, he said,