Exploded Dreams

School Hallway, 11:32 PM

Hailey POV

"This is bad. Very bad. Zander is really, REALLY fragile when it comes to these things." I gave Elliot a worried look while wiping tears. "What if he decides to commit suicide or something like that?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure." Elliot was worried. "There's only three of us here. How did it come to eight people to three people that fast?"

"Not sure. And I haven't found the clue." I say while panicking. "What are we going to do?"

Then I looked at the flower, and for a second I started removing the petals.

"Hailey, what on Earth are you doing?" Elliot was horrified. He had a big interest in gardening and flowers, so that was a nightmare to him.

As I removed the petals, there was the inside part. The petals were huddles together, but it wasn't a problem removing them. I then drew out a key.

"...That's it. It was there all along." Elliot was dumbfounded.

"I just- I- what?" I stared at the twinkling dark chocolate eyes."Is it the key to the exit?" Elliot was suddenly excited.

"Let's see..." I read the label.

Greenhouse Key

"Oh. The greenhouse key. I just thought It would get us out of there. Hmmmmmm... I think this key is the clue. You know, like when we go to the greenhouse, we might find something to get us out of here. And we might live." Elliot said, hoping he might survive. 

"What matters now is that we take this round seriously."

"Why?"

"Because, Elliot, this is the last round here. If we each die every round, Amelia will find every way to kill us all. But what concerns me is WHY she's doing this. I mean, none of us did anything to her. We didn't even know she existed. So why is she killing us? And also, at my illusion at the third round, she said that she wanted what she deserved. How is killing us going to give her what she deserves? Did we somehow in some way hurt her without realising?"

"Because she's a maniac," We heard Zander mutter.

Zander exited the room. He had his Dream mask on, so we couldn't really see his face. But what hurt me the most... is that he was covering his sadness so that we wouldn't be concerned.

"Zander... are you really okay?" I asked him silently.

"I'm fine, I definitely didn't just lose my childhood best friend and my boyfriend right now after he risked his life for me. Thanks for asking anyway." He answered sarcastically.

I let out a sigh. "We're going to the greenhouse, Zander. Once we find a way to get out, we're leaving this hellhole."

"And we're also going to kill Amelia, never celebrate Halloween again and visit the five graves 24/7."

I let out a laugh as Elliot cracked out those words. But Zander wasn't laughing. Hell, I don't think he was even smiling. But the thing was, Zander seemed sad, but awfully calm about what had happened.

"Alright, let's go." I said while putting the key inside my pocket.

Security Room, 11: 37 PM

Third Person POV

Amelia was too busy on her dim, dark past that she forgot about the three for a while. The way she was worthless, the way the only person who thought of her as a good person died, how her whole family loves her sister more then her.

Tears started to form on her eyes. She really didn't mean to kill them out of pleasure. In fact, she knew it wasn't right. But she really wanted to have the things she lost. Her worthiness, her best friend, her love and care.