Beginning

Halloween, 08:49 PM

Jake POV

I woke up in a blur. Everything around me was spinning like some ferris wheel. I was having a huge headache and was pretty tired. I opened my eyes, then looked around.

There were other people there, about six or seven, and all were unconscious. I wasn't able to recognize them. I sat up, let out a groan, then recalled what happened.

What did  happen?

Halloween Dance Party, 07:45

"You really look nice, Hailey," I smiled at her.

She was dressed up as a student in Harry Potter, as a Slytherin, wearing a grey sweater, a white skirt and a green neck tie with cufflinks. A tie clip was added to her vivid green tie. She looked almost like she was an actual student in the series.

Hailey smiled at me. "Thanks! You really make a good prince!"

We both ended up in a chat.

We were in the school's huge hall, and it was transformed into an amazing Halloween Party. Anyone who didn't come missed a lot of fun.

"By the way, have you seen Zander? He said he was going to the bathroom a while ago." Hailey asked. Zander was dressed as a Slytherin too.

"Nope. Should we check on him?"

"Yeah maybe we should."

As we split up on the hallways, I heard Hailey scream, then a huge crash.

"Hailey?" I yelled. Suddenly the lights went off, and someone hit me on the head. I fell down, only to feel my last seconds of pain, then fainted.

                                                                   .                    .                         .

There were seven of them, all on the floor, and I recognized them immediately as Hailey, Zander, Luke, Milly, Sean, Daisy and Elliot.

I ran over to Hailey and tried to wake her up. "Wake up, Hailey, wake up!"

Hailey opened an eye. "J... Jake..?"

I helped her to stand. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... but where are we?"

"I think we should wake the rest up first..." I muttered.

                                                                      .                          .                           .

"...And that's all what happened." Zander filled us in about what happened when he went to the bathroom.

Milly was busy trying to bust that door open. 

"It's no hope, we're stuck in here." Daisy frowned. She was not enjoying this.

"Ah, I see you're all awake," a voice echoed.

We all looked at the screen on top of the door. There was a woman, but she was wearing a mask, and we could only see from the top of her hair to her neck.

"This is not a prank, this is to test you eight."

"On what?" Zander yelled.

"You have until midnight to escape the school. But I must warn you, every time when an hour passes, a threat will be there to cross you out."

"WHAT?! Look, I don't know who you are, and I don't pretty much care, but I don't want to be in you little 'test'. Now open the dang door and get us out of here!" Milly screamed.

"Easy, Milly." Elliot said calmly.

"There is a watch on your wrist- and weapons in various rooms- for you to use to fight for your life. When the clock strikes nine, the door will open. You must escape before midnight rises, otherwise you'll all perish. No questions asked and good luck."

The clock struck nine and the door opened. I looked back at them.

This was going to be an adventure of sacrifices.