chapter nine - Harry

A letter from Louis.

I absorbed myself in the words, every curve of his messily scrawled letters  making my heart leap. He wasn't in love with Jenny. Of course he wasn't. It felt as if a thousand pounds of worry and despair had been lifted from my chest. 

And in that moment I didn't care. I didn't care about fame or money. It was as if I never had. All I wanted was him. His lips, his smile, his laugh. Everything that made him, him.

I ran out of my house, reading from the display of my phone that the time was 6pm. Quickly, I jumped into the car and turned the key in the ignition.

The engine hummed to life and I backed out of the driveway, speeding down the street.

It felt like nothing could stop me.

Soon I turned into Louis street and could see his house. My heart beat fast from within my chest as my hands began to tremble with excitement and nerves.

I parked in front of his walkway and ran to the door. While frantically knocking I called him.

"Shit, he blocked me," I muttered.

So I knocked. Harder. Until he opened the door.

He looked gorgeous but tired. Really, really tired. 

"Harry! Hazza!" he exclaimed and started to smile.

My heart jumped and automatically I had to smile as well.

"I knew you would come. I knew it. I am so sorry," he blubbered and I could hear his voice tremble in excitement.

There wasn't anything I could say, so I placed my hand on his cheek and kissed him, passionately. His lips were soft and warm and he tasted like coffee. 

At first he was startled but soon I could feel him kissing me back with the same enthusiasm. He then placed his hand on my left cheek and broke the kiss with a chuckle.

I looked him in the eyes and said,

"Let's just get out of here. Run away from everyone and everything. You are worth it."

He had a big smile on his face that made my heart melt.

"Harry, I love you," he whispered. I could see tears in the corners of his deep blue eyes, shimmering in the dim light.

Again something in my stomach exploded, like fireworks and it felt like I couldn't speak.

„Lou, I- I love you too," I gushed. A tear rolling down my cheek.

He loved me. Louis loved me. After all this time.

"Come in and I'm going to start packing. Lets just do this." he said. 

I knew he was scared but so was I. We would do this. Together.

***

After Louis packed everything into one big suitcase he locked his house and together we went to my car. Our next stop was my house to get a few things and then we would go straight to the airport.

It felt like a fever dream and it made me so happy to know it wasn't. 

At my house Louis flung the door open and stormed into the house shouting,

"Harold you have 30 minutes. I'll be waiting on the couch"

He then jumped onto the couch and immediately fell asleep. It didn't surprise me. This day had probably been stressful for him. I got to work and started to stuff all of my favourite clothes into my suitcase. I didn't find too many things I wanted to bring, so I was finished before my 30 minute deadline was over.