Chapter 6: Christmas.

It is Christmas. And it will be Barry and Kara's first Christmas as husband and wife. There will also be a fantastic surprise in store for them.

It was Christmas time and Barry was decorating the tree. Kara was lying in bed. She was getting bored. "I'm so bored! I just want to be able to get up and run around. I feel so helpless" she whined. "It's okay, Kara. It shouldn't be too long now. I feel it" Barry said. "Why aren't you using your speed to decorate the tree?" Kara curiously asked. "Because... I don't want use my powers for little things. I want to enjoy the moment of doing things like these, with the people I love" Barry replied. Kara smiled. "Are you seeing the others in Central City?" she asked. "Yeah. I'll be going to see them for a few hours later" he replied.

There was a knock on the door. Barry opened it and it was J'onn. "Hey J'onn. Come in" Barry said. "I wanted to see how you guys were doing" J'onn said. "How's Alex doing?" Kara asked. "She's fine. She knows everything else apart from you guys being superheroes. How much longer until it's time?" he asked. "We think it shouldn't be too much longer. Oh, I'm nervous about being a mom" Kara said. "Don't worry. You'll be a great mom" Barry said. "Will Alex be coming over?" she asked. "No. She said she'll be spending Christmas with Eliza. She told me that she feels like something's missing in her life" J'onn replied. "I know. It feels like I don't know my sister anymore" she said. "It's gonna be fine, Kara. Even though she doesn't know it, she is a hero" Barry said. Barry put his hand around Kara to comfort her.

"For some reason, this Christmas is going to be an unforgettable one" she said. "Is there anyone else coming?" J'onn asked. "No. Brainy said Cononel Haley won't let him leave. Nia's gone home and Lena doesn't trust me" Kara replied. "Hey, all that matters is that you're not alone on Christmas. Besides, we can make the most of it" Barry said.

Barry, Kara and J'onn decided that they were going to make the most of Christmas. They were playing games and having a talk. They sat down, having drinks and having a talk. Krypto was lying next to Kara. "How's married life?" J'onn asked. "It's fun. It's a new adventure. So is being parents" Barry replied. "Hey, I'm just going to the bathroom" she said.

A little while later...

Kara came out the bathroom with an astounded look on her face. "Kara, what's wrong?" Barry asked. "My water just broke. I think I'm in labour" she replied. "Your, your water broke?!" Barry exclaimed. "YES! NOW PLEASE HURRY UP!" Kara yelled. Barry got the bags for the baby. "Wait! Where are we gonna go? Kara asked. "I know where" Barry replied. Barry picked up Kara and ran to Central City, Star Labs with J'onn in tow. "Barry? What's happening?" Caitlin asked. "Kara's in labour. Where can we put her?" Barry asked. "Okay, put her in the med bay and I'll come help" she replied. Barry put Kara on a bed got her comfy.

Barry was holding her hand. "Okay. Deep breaths. In and out" he said. Kara started to calm down, then the contractions started. "Ahhhh!" Kara yelled. Kara screamed in pain and was tightly squeezing Barry's hand. "Ahh!" Barry quietly exclaimed. Barry tried to hide the fact that his hand was being crushed. But, that was the least of importance. Caitlin arrived to help. "Okay deep breaths, Kara. I know this is gonna hurt, but you need to push" she said. Kara was pushing and screaming. As she was pushing and screaming, she was uncontrollably using her heat vision and crushing Barry's hand. "A little more now. I can the head, Kara!" Caitlin exclaimed. Kara screamed as she was pushing harder.

After some loud screaming, there was a baby crying. Caitlin wrapped her around a towel to keep her warm, and handed her to Kara and Barry. Kara was holding their baby. "She's here, Barry. Our daughters here" Kara said. "Yeah. Yeah she is" he said. "I'll give you some privacy" Caitlin said. Caitlin left to tell J'onn, Ronnie and Wells about what happened. "How is she?" J'onn asked. "The baby is fine. She's healthy. They're going to be okay" Caitlin replied. "Thank God. Call us if there is anything" J'onn said. J'onn, Ronnie and Wells headed out for drinks. Wally and Jesse were on a date.

The baby had stopped crying and was sleeping in Kara's arms. "She's beautiful. I'm happy that she has you as a father" Kara said. "Thanks. Hey, I think I know what to name her" Barry said. "What?" she asked. "Elianna Allen-Danvers" Barry replied. "Elianna? Perfect" Kara said. Kara handed Elianna to Barry. He got up and had a little chat with his newborn daughter. "Hey Elianna. Me and your mom... live dangerous lives. But I promise that no matter what, you will live a happy life. With you having both our powers, I'm sure that there will be struggles but, we will always love you" he said. "Come on, let's meet aunt Caitlin".

"Now quiet. She's asleep" Barry silently said. "Meet Elianna Allen-Danvers". "How's Kara?" Caitlin asked. "She's sleeping. I think we'll stay in Star Labs for a bit. We'll tell the others tomorrow" he replied. Caitlin left. Barry sat down next to Kara, holding Elianna.

Barry and Kara are now parents. But what is Lex and Thawne's plan?

To be continued...