Chapter 3: Suspicions.

Previously...

Why is Cononel Haley calling Lex? What is their plan?

The next morning, Kara's baby pump was growing more day by day. "Wow! Your pump is getting bigger" Barry said. Kara looked at Barry with an angry look on her face. "Call Clark. He might be able to help" she said. Barry called Clark and Lois for help.

"Hey Barry. What's up?" Clark asked. "It's Kara. Do you know anything that might help us?" Barry asked. Barry showed them Kara's condition. Kara was in bed, in absolute pain. "I couldn't find anything in the Fortress" Kara said. "You wouldn't be able to anyway. You don't have anything to worry about, but because our kind don't normally do this to have kids, you'll be in a lot of pain. Well, while I can, I'm going to stay here and help" Clark said. "Really? What about your job?" Kara asked. "It's fine. I'm using my vacation days" Clark replied.

"Well, it'll be worth it for our daughter" Kara said. Barry held her hand. "So Barry, you're protecting National now?" Lois asked. "Yeah I am. But this Cononel Haley is working at the DEO and I don't trust her" Barry replied. "I have a feeling. Alex is keeping an eye on her" he said.

Meanwhile at the DEO, Alex was keeping her eye on Cononel Haley, who was taking a call. "Why are staring at the Cononel?" Brainy asked. "What? Nothing. It's just, I get the feeling that she's up to something" Alex replied. "What are you staring at? Get back to work!" Cononel shouted. She was on the phone to Lex, who was ready to go further with his plan.

The DEO got an alert. "Barry, there's some robots in National" Alex said. "National's being attacked. You want to help?" Barry asked. "Always" Clark replied. Clark ripped open his shirt and flew to the robots, and Barry ran. "Robots. It had to be robots" Barry said. Barry ran around the robots and shot lightning bolts. Superman punched them hard and used his heat vision. They fought they bear them all, but the last one shot a flash which blinded them both. The robot hit Barry away and knocked out Superman with kryptonite gas. Superman was kidnapped. "Clark!" Barry shouted.

The Flash headed back to the DEO. "What happened out there?!" Haley shouted. "We got blindsided and Superman got taken" Flash replied. "And you're supposed to be National City's new protector! Get out of my sight!" Haley exclaimed. The Flash left and headed to his apartment. "Hey Barry. Where's Clark?" Kara asked. "There were robots in National and one took him. I'm sorry" Barry said. "Don't worry. I'm going to find him. The robots had a kryptonite gas. Who would have that?" he asked. Kara realised that it could only be one person. "Lex Luthor. But where would he take Clark?" Kara asked. "I don't know, but we need to find him" Barry replied.

Meanwhile, at an unknown location, Superman was tied down. He woke up and was trying to break free. There was man looking up at him. There were red sun lamps around him to weaken his powers. Superman was in a machine, and there was another next to him, but it was empty. Then, Lex Luthor appeared. "Don't worry Superman. This is going to hurt. Begin" Lex said. The scientists there began testing on Superman. He let out a scream of pain "Ahhhhh!".

Back at the DEO, Alex and Brainy were looking to locate Superman. "Any luck, Brainy?" Alex asked. "No, not yet. But there has been some strange activity going on at a farm in the country" Brainy replied. "I'll call Barry" she replied. Alex called Barry to tell him the location of the farm. "Alex says they've found Clark. I'm off" Barry said. "Wait! I'm coming too" Kara said. "No, you're staying here. I don't want you or the baby to get hurt. Besides, it's my fault Clark got captured. I'll be the one to save him" Barry said. Barry ran to the farm.

"Hello?! Is anyone here?!" Barry asked. Barry was surrounded by men. "Men with guns. Do they know who they're dealing with?" Barry asked. He spun around the men and knocked them out. While Barry was battling Lex, the scientist put a dog in the other pod, next to Clark. He pulled the lever. There was static. Some of Superman's DNA went into the dog. "It worked! We can create kryptonion soldiers" the scientist said. Barry knocked away Lex and rapidly tied the scientists up against a pole. He freed Superman and the dog. Superman was weak. Then the DEO arrived. They arrested everyone, but Lex got away. Superman was taken to the DEO for an x-ray. "How is he?" Barry asked. "He's going to be fine. He just needs rest" Brainy replied. "Come on, I'll take you home" Barry said. But before they left, Superman was using his super hearing. He could hear Cononel Haley on the phone. He was weak so he couldn't figure out what she was saying. But he recognised one word: Lex.

Back at the apartment, Clark and Lois were heading back to Metatropolis. "We'll be heading home. Clark Kent may have vacation days, but Superman doesn't" he said. "Hey, sorry that you got captured" Barry said. "Nah. Doesn't matter. It matters is that you saved me. Anyway, I heard that cononel on the phone. I'm positive she was talking to Lex" Clark said. "Lex? Why?" Kara questioned. "I don't know. Maybe she's working with him. Anyway, we'd better be heading home. Call us if you need anything" Clark replied. "Why would the cononel be talking to Lex?" Kara asked. "I don't know. But, I think it's best that we don't go near the DEO. And I think we should stay away from Alex and Brainy" Barry replied. "Why?" she asked. "Because I don't want to risk our identities being exposed. Haley could use that to her advantage" he replied. "I guess you're right. Hey! You saved the dog!" Kara exclaimed. "Yeah. I think he likes me" Barry said. "Come on, let's get to bed" he said. When Barry and Kara got into bed, the dogs went red.

Does the dog posses kryptonion DNA? And will Lex try and capture him?

To be continued...