Norbert

It wasn't long till the trio came up to me at dinner whispering to me about the dragon hatching and that they where going morning break to watch , I nodded agreeing to come while we left the hall.
"Freddddddd, I am going to hang with your brother and his friends at break is that okkk?" I asked as sweetly as possible
"Um yh sure , but why?"
"they make me feel young , like have you seen me I am getting wrinkly and old ," I said jokingly while pulling at my face
"You got that right , you look like an old lady," I gasped fake offendedly at George comment , so I jumped on his back , slapping his head playfully before I fell off clumsily into Fred's arms... it sure felt like George purposely let go though. I blushed red as I realised I was practically being princess carried by Fred! MY CRUSH! ,my face heated up and felt hotter than Hagrid's ove-cottage the other day , but to make things worse Fred put his head near my ear and whispered

"You'll always be beautiful to me Y/N it doesn't matter what age you are..." I officially had steam coming out my ears as I scrambled out Fred's arms embarrassedly , I got my hair and covered my face with it

"u-um t-thanks I-I g-g-uess," Fred smiled sweetly which made my heart increase even more , I swear I am going to have a heart attack , that's when he took my hand which was holding my hair in his removing it revealing my very red face which made him smirk and his cheeks go slightly red, to make matters worse I could feel George smirking behind me. WHAT IS UP WITH HIM TODAY!

"Grosssssss get a room!" I heard Ruth yell , which made Fred go bright red and me officially a tomato , but I used this as an excuse to leave and started chasing Ruth who was chanting"Fred and Y/N sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I ran after the ginger as she sang earning a lot of odd looks from people , when George grabbed my arm as we circled round and held me back. Ruth stopped and turned around sticking her tongue out at me laughing, causing me to sulk like a big baby. Me and the twins started walking to next lesson while I thought over everything that just happened , why did Fred do that I am sure he doesn't like me that way but... No No its all just a misunderstanding I am certain...

Break

Hagrid greeted us at the door  looking flushed and excited.

"It's nearly out." He ushered us inside. The egg was lying on the table. As something was moving inside; a funny clicking noise was coming from it . We all drew our chairs up to the table and watched with bated breath. All at once there was a scraping noise and the egg split open. The baby dragon flopped onto the table. It wasn't exactly pretty; I thought it looked like a crumpled, black umbrella. Its spiny wings were huge compared to its skinny jet body, it had a long snout with wide nostrils, the stubs of horns and bulging, orange eyes. It sneezed. A couple of sparks flew out of its snout , ok i take it back this dragon is awesome.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid murmured. He reached out a hand to stroke the dragon's head. It snapped at his fingers, showing pointed fangs.

"Bless him, look, he knows his mommy!" said Hagrid.

"Hagrid," said Hermione, "how fast do Norwegian Ridgebacks grow, exactly?" Hagrid was about to answer when the colour suddenly drained from his face -- he leapt to his feet and ran to the window.

"What's the matter?" I asked startled

"Someone was lookin' through the gap in the curtains -- it's a kid -- he's runnin' back up ter the school."

Harry bolted to the door and looked out. Even at a distance there was no mistaking him. Malfoy had seen the dragon. I am slowly despising this kid more and more .

We spent most of our free time in Hagrid's darkened hut, trying to reason with him. It was a good excuse for me to avoid thinking about Fred's actions the other day, I mean I am bot complaining or anything but y'know got to be a reason for that surely.

"Just let him go," Harry urged. "Set him free."

"I can't," said Hagrid. "He's too little. He'd die." I looked at the dragon. It had grown three times in length in just a week. Smoke kept furling out of its nostrils. Hagrid hadn't been doing his game keeping duties because the dragon was keeping him so busy. There were empty brandy bottles and chicken feathers all over the floor.

"I've decided to call him Norbert," said Hagrid, looking at the dragon with misty eyes. "He really knows me now, watch. Norbert! Norbert! Where's Mommy?"

"He's lost his marbles," I heard Ron mutter in Harry's ear, I couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Hagrid," said Harry loudly, "give it two weeks and Norbert's going to be as long as your house. Malfoy could go to Dumbledore at any moment." Hagrid bit his lip.

"I -- I know I can't keep him forever, but I can't jus' dump him, I can't."

"GINGY!" I said while looking at Ron

"You're losing it, too," said Ron. "I'm Ron, remember?"

"No -- Charlie -- your brother, Charlie. In Romania. Studying dragons. We could send Norbert to him. Charlie can take care of him and then put him back in the wild!" I exclaimed

"Brilliant!" said Ron. "How about it, Hagrid?" It took alot of reasoning but Hagrid agreed that they could send -an owl to Charlie to ask him.

"Thank god you were there to suggest this Y/N," Hermione said

" I know I am amazing," I smiled

"Sure..." Ron said while rolling his eyes , I spun around

" fine then Ronald , you can be in charge of writing to Gingy about the dragon , arranging the pick up anddddd begging him not to tell you mum," I smirked as Ron paled at the mention of his mum finding out as Hermione and Harry chuckled

" But seriously you three , keep me in the loop with things ok?" they looked at each other before looking back at me and nodding , I smiled before wrapping them all in a a bear hug causing us to laugh and eventually fall to the floor.

The following week dragged by. The clock on the wall had just chimed midnight when the me and Ron burst through the portrait. Ron  pulled off Harry's invisibility cloak. We'd had been down at Hagrid's hut, helping him feed Norbert, who was now eating dead rats by the crate and not gonna lie I am bloody pissed!.

"It bit me!" I yelled , whispered, showing them my hand then I got Ron's hand "and Ron to! somehow the bloody beast caught both our hands with its massive gob!"

"I'm not going to be able to hold a quill for a week. I tell you, that dragon's the most horrible animal I've ever met, but the way Hagrid goes on about it, you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit. When it bit me he told me off for frightening it. And when I left, he was singing it a lullaby." Ron said equally as annoyed as I rapped the bloody handkerchief around his hand tightly as possible.

Suddenly there was a tap on the  

"It's Hedwig!" said Harry, hurrying to let her in. "She'll have Charlie's answer!" We put our heads together to read the note.

Dear Ron,

How are you? Thanks for the letter -- I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here. I think the best thing will be to send him over with       some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week. Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon.

Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark.Send me an answer as soon as possible.  

Love,

 Charlie

I looked at the trio as they looked at each other thoughtfully

"We've got the invisibility cloak," said Harry. "It shouldn't be too difficult -- I think the cloaks big enough to cover two of us and Norbert." It was a mark of how bad the last week had been that the other two agreed with him.
"How about I cause some trouble , y'know to distract as many teachers as possible that evening?"
"you'd do that for us ?" Harry said smiling slightly , I nodded grinning.
"I am literally the Kings of troubles best friend , if I wasn't to get in trouble it will be easy peasy,"
"About that Y/N you haven't told the twins about any of this have you?" I laughed "As if , they may tease you Ron but they worry about you y'know," Ron went slightly red which caused me to smirk.