Chapter 8: Returns and Relationships

Frank's POV:

Gerard and I ended up falling asleep on the couch watching a movie after dinner.

Mikey came down to wake us up for school. "That's gay." he said, startling us awake and apart like Gerard had done to him and Pete last night. Gerard threw a pillow at him and he ran back up the stairs.

I groaned. "I don't wanna get up." Instead, I just curled up next to Gerard but he laughed. "Come on Frank, we gotta go." then he pushed me off of the fucking couch. "Gee, what the fuck?" I said. He laughed again and got up, grabbing hold of my arms and pulling me to my feet as well.

Then we both reluctantly got up and went to get ready to go to hell- I mean school.

***

It's been two weeks since I spent a few days at Gerard's. Since then, nothing really important has happened besides us and Mikey doing great on the state test that Tuesday. My cousin is gonna be perfectly okay. Jamia's doing good- she also did brilliantly on the test.

Oh and my mom said we're pressing charges against my Dad. Our first court date is at the end of the month. It's September by the way. Today is the 23rd. One week... one week...

Mikey and Pete are officially a couple, they're honestly a great match.

Oh and Donald, Mikey and Gerard's Dad, gets home in a few days. Sometime at the beginning of October I think.

Things with Gerard are... interesting. Nothing major had happened, but occasionally we hug, maybe cuddle and watch a movie. Jamia keeps asking me if I'll ask him out. I honestly don't know. I mean I like him and stuff, but what if he doesn't like that I'm ace? Or what if he doesn't like my personality? Or anything else? Or even like me in that way? Okay that's a stupid question considering this past month but still.

And I don't even know whether or not I'd even want to be in a relationship with anyone right now. My last one was awful.

I said before, I trusted him, he broke that and hurt me.

Basically, I was dating this guy named Jay. He was honestly a pretty cool dude. Cute, funny, smart, caring.

He claimed he was gay. We were together for only a month before he changed, very dramatically. He began avoiding me which lasted for weeks. Then when I finally confronted him, he kept saying it was nothing. Only the next day did I overhear that he was cheating on me with a girl. I confronted him about it, he said I was only being paranoid. I finally let it go after a few days. I trusted him with everything.

One Friday night, we went to a party at some guy's house. I think it was some popular kid's mansion. Jay ended up going to get us something to drink but after a few minutes I didn't see him. Jamia, who was also at the party, came running up to me when I went to look for Jay in the kitchen.

"Frank, you gotta come with me, like right now." she said.

Now, this was last year when we were Juniors and in my old city. She moved over the summer and after my Dad went to jail, that's when my mom and I moved here.

Anyways I asked her what was going on and she just started pulling me upstairs. I was super confused until she pushed open a door to a bathroom.

You know what I saw?

Jay fucking some girl- the same girl I accused him of cheating on me with- up against the sink.

We got into a huge argument about it. He claims he's bisexual and that the only reason he did this was because I wouldn't have sex with him. I'm just not really interested in sex. I don't know, maybe my thoughts will change? I don't care about that now, though.