Chapter 4: Movies and Tea

//In this next part, Frank is gonna be telling his mom about the past few days and stuff. That includes everything about Gerard's mom and Dad, and how he met Gerard in the first place. So if you're sensitive to any of that, skip to **** or read with serious caution\\

So now, me and my mom are about to watch our third Horror movie.

"So, how were the past few days?" my mom asked as I got up to switch discs. I sighed. "Things were good. I explored the town a bit and everything. Jamia and I hung out a lot. Had dinner over her house a few nights. And definitely played my guitar..." I said.

"I feel like there's something else..."

Dammit mom

"Yeah... I um... last night, Jamia and I were out around the city park and heading to the highschool soccer field. We've made it a thing to go hang out there. It was a nice night, too. So it seemed perfect. We were walking across the park playground and there was this guy sitting on top of the climbing wall. Once he saw us, he hid something in his jacket and dropped something... it was a knife..." I said slowly.

"Like the one I used to use..." my mom started crying then. Tears gently falling from her eyes. "Oh my god..." she whispered- mostly to herself.

"Jamia got scared and ran home. She lives across the street from the park, and the playground was right near the edge of it." I was silent for a moment, trying not to cry.

"He told me to go after her, make sure she was safe, I told him she would be fine. I asked him if he wanted to go and get a coffee or talk or something. He agreed, but said I should go after my friend. I told him to give me what he had and I would get rid of it."

I ran upstairs and came back down.

"I threw the pills away... but i kept this..." I said, showing my mom the pocket knife.

"Wow..." she said, then she was silent for a moment before saying, "Give it to me." I knew exactly why, so I carefully handed it to her.

"What else happened?" she asked.

"He talked to me more at school today. Then he left school early with his brother and Grandma... After school, Jamia and I were at the park. She had to leave and did, so i was gonna go see a movie because I didn't know you'd be home today and I didn't want to be alone at home. I got across the park but realized I didn't have any money on me so I started walking back..."

I don't know why, but I just started crying.

My mom hugged me after putting the blade on the desk.

"Honey what happened?" she asked. I gently pushed her away and she got the message to sit back down.

Taking a deep breath and calming myself down a bit, I continued:

"I was over by the playground, where I had first met him. He- he was there. And he did it... he hurt himself, several cuts on both arms... I called 911 and he was rushed to the hospital." I was full on crying now.

"I- I met his Dad. I don't know what happened to Gerard while he was at home, but his Dad, who was an alcoholic, told me at the hospital that he's gonna try and get better. But Gerard's brother hates him, he treats him horribly." I cried. My mom hugged me.

"How about this: everyday after school, I'll take you to the hospital so you can see how he's doing, would that be okay?" she asked.

"Y-yeah. I only just met him, I don't know why this is hitting me so hard..." I said.

"Oh Frankie..." mom said, brushing my bangs off to the side.

"I'm proud of you, for helping him. Last night and today must have been really scary." she said. I nodded. "They were. They are."