Chapter 26 : Honey, Oak, & Bleu

Washington Park., Denver, December 7, 2016

    Wednesday

    Elysia Rosalie Lockwood

    "How's Megan?" Gianna inquires Mike as we eat our lunches at 'Fruition'. It's an intimate restaurant with large windows and a great view of Washington Park. Megan is Mike's wife, they are a stunning couple and I really like Megan. They're both gorgeously polished, cultivated people. Megan is into Fashion, a designer, and some of her talents have rubbed off on Mike so he's very chic most of the time.

    "She's good. With her dad right now. He's not doing so good." He responds.

    "Alzheimer's, right?" I recall.

    "Yeah. He doesn't have too long so she's in Arizona with him for a few weeks." I bite into my Salmon and take notice of the loneliness in his eyes. Poor guy.

    "I'm sorry. That must be rough." He exhales, "It is on my wife, and that's hard on me. Enough about that though, what about you girls?"

    "Elysia and I ran into each other at a club the other night, finally met her roommates." I flush with embarrassment, why would she say that? Mike smiles, surprise alighting his eyes. "You've been working here for two years and I didn't even know you had roommates." He comments, I chortle abashedly.

    "You're my boss," I shrug, unsure what else to say. I feel on the spot, and I detest it greatly.

    He hums, "Uh-hu. Girl roommates?"

    I shake my head. "No. My brother Mason, and my friend Charlotte. Gia, do you have roommates?" I ask, diverting the conversation expertly.

    "No." They say concurrently, making me laugh at how much he knows her. "I had a boyfriend. Didn't work out. Now I stay in an apartment with my dog, Cheddar." She explains, eating her Grouper.

    "I have a cat named, Harlem. What happened to your boyfriend?" I ask curiously.

    "Cheated. Same as usual." Mike quickly argues, "Hey, not all men cheat,"

    "Efron was big on cheating. As were all the other losers I've ended up with. I have the worst luck with men." The waitress returns and refills our glasses.

    "What about you, Elysia? Do you have a boyfriend?" Gianna wonders, my eyes widen.

    "Uh-, no." Mike chuckles as if she didn't even have to ask so know the answer to it.

    "Are you lesbian?" I gawk. Gianna smirks and flips her black hair behind her back. Mike laughs almost hysterically.

    "No. I'm not gay, Gianna. Thank you though."

¥¥¥¥

    Cherry Creek., Denver, December 9, 2016

    Friday

    Elysia Rosalie Lockwood

"Hey, ya' hungry?" Mason beams, wearing only a pair of loose basketball shorts his abs on display. A white hand towel is draped over his shoulder and on the stove is a pan of stir-fry. I set toss my keys in the red bowl and hang up my coat on the coatrack.

    "No. I'm still full from lunch. You seem chipper?" From the hallway Octavia emerges, shocking me. That explains it. Her brown hair falls in large curls around her slender skinny body. She wears dark purple lipstick and her eyes are dusty blue- almost silver and she's dressed only a long t-shirt of Masons.