Chapter 6 : Nine Lives

Cherry Creek., Denver, November 24, 2016

Thursday

Elysia Rosalie Lockwood

"About time! I already picked out your outfit and your shoes. Go back, change, then I'll do your makeup." Charlotte orders, immediately ushering me into my bedroom and closing the door hurriedly. I don't mind her bossiness and I can't help but laugh. I throw my bag down beside my bed and spot the gorgeous sequenced dress sprawled on it. I lift it in my hands, admiring the way the purple shines and glistens. I nearly stagger when I notice it's backless. I hold it up to my body and stand in front of the mirror, wincing when I notice it barely covers anything.

    The shoes that go with it are at the foot of my bed, sparkling the exact same deep purple as the dress. After I squeeze my derrière into the dress I pull it over my breasts and slip the speghetti straps over my shoulders. Just as I thought, It shows so much skin; more than I'm accustomed to. The straps work tirelessly to hold in my breasts and if I'm to bend over I will moon everyone in the club. I have to admit, though, the dress fits me like second skin and very flattering; sexy, actually. The heels will surely kill my feet by midnight, but they look worth it.

    What's happening to me?

    "Well I'll be damned," Charlotte coos. "Look at those hips! That ASS! Where have you been hiding this hot ass body?" I don't know how to take her compliment. Being exposed, my curves on display make me feel deeply uncomfortable. I'm not accustomed to flashy dresses or high heels.

    "Thank you, Charlie." I take in her outfit. A pink latex, long-sleeved dress, and white heels. "You look amazing, as always." Unlike me, she's skinny, tall, and well proportioned. Perfectly sized bust and butt, small but cute. Charlotte let's out a breath and steps to me, clasping my hands in hers.

    "Enjoy yourself, okay? Please, for me. Just this once. Don't try to skip out early, don't make a fuss about taking a shot-," I roll my eyes, a bit offended.

    "Jeez, Charlie, I'll be sure to not be a buzzkill." Maybe I should just stay home. She looks down at me sincerely, her blue eyes glistening with affection.

    "That's not what I'm saying, I just want you to have fun." I breathe deeply, ignoring the voice inside my head telling me to stay home and be more productive. I've just been out of class for a couple weeks, I'm pretty sure going to a club isn't what I should be doing, but to hell with it. I perk up. I won't be the buzzkill tonight. I promise myself I'll let loose.

    Charlotte gives me a hug and I inhale her strawberry scented hair. "Okay, now let's do something with the rest of you."

¥¥¥¥

    45 minutes later and my usually wavy hair lays perfectly straight down my back: my eyes are a concoction of purple and black eyeshadow with slick black winged eyeliner and thick mascara. My lips are coated in matte purple and I would have guessed I'd look ridiculous. Except, my cheeks are rosy and contoured and my lashes so long and curly I've never looked better. I am in awe of this stranger before me.

    "Thanks, Charlie. I love it." She claps proudly as I boast her talents. Her strawberry blonde hair is curled and long down her back. She's a natural blonde but I've been really digging this look on her.

    "You're welcome, come back anytime. I don't get to do your makeup enough." She says disappointedly. We head back to the living room just as Mason stalks out clad in black jeans and a navy blue button up. His icy hair is spiked with gel, and he wears a new pair of black shoes.