Part 8- Through the Lens

(Pic Credit: https://www.tumblr.com/search/watch%20unus%20annus)

(Sup again, how are you doing ? I won't talk too long, I just talk more at the end lol. anyway enjoy! :D Glad to see you returned!)

-Mark

A Youtube channel?

I get a sudden overwhelming flashback to all the gaming videos I did, all the little cringy skits, all the idiotic jokes that I all but regret, and I remember what was so enticing about my work.

I can practically feel my eyes light up.

This might be a chance for me to say goodbye to the world. To do something I love one last time!

Ethan smiles when he sees the silly grin on my face, but I can't help if, for I am lost in thought.

Then I remember why I was so upset earlier, because I never focused on anything except work. Not relationships, not basic needs, not relaxation. That's probably why I died at 30 with at least five grey hairs.

"A channel?" I say, trying to make sense of his idea along with all these new emotions, "Why a channel?"

As if reading my mind, Ethan replies, "Think about it! It would be like a goodbye to your fans! We could teach your viewers about death, show them that it isn't something to be feared!"

Glad we're on the same page.

I sigh, looking up into darkness. I need to stop doing that. It's a useless habit.

As seconds pass, Ethan's face gets brighter and sparkles more in realization, as if he's hashing out a plan as we speak.

"How would we do this?" I ask, still confused.

"RIGHT!" Ethan practically shouts after realizing that I can't see his thoughts, "we would make a channel and just post on it for a year until I die, but the entire time the viewers, kinda... know that we're going to die. Maybe the channel dies with us, like we delete the whole thing!"

That doesn't make sense. At all.

"Why would you just delete it all at the end?" I don't seem to grasp his idea as well as he does. He gets up from where he's sitting, and I can see the gears turning in his head.

"To show them that nothing lasts forever."

"But that's just a bunch of wasted work then. You can't be proud of something if it's gone."

Ethan looks at me weirdly, thinking about my statement.

"Yes you can," he objects, "that's the whole thing! Everything goes at some point. Then they wouldn't be able to experience the videos again and it would feel like saying goodbye to a friend or something."

As I think about his idea, I try to piece it together in my mind.

Why would you make something to just delete it in a year? Then you can't look back and see how much you've grown, you can't feel the same accomplishment if the actual product isn't there.

Right?

The more I think about it, the more the idea makes sense. Just making videos every day for a year, then deleting it so that people can feel what it's like to lose someone, even though you always knew the clock was ticking.

And you won't need to be proud of it when you're dead. You'll be dead.

"Hmm." I simply say, as if the idea is unfolding in my mind, revealing deeper meanings. "This might actually work..."