9. Masquerade

Masquerade- (N.) false show or pretense.

This is going to be a long and special chapter. Smut is always the guarantee.
____________________________________

Olympia had been trained to stand in heels for the past two hours. It was currently 9 a.m. and the ball would be on later that day.

Nine Hours 'Til The Ball.

Pigsby entered the bedroom with a tray full of delicious breakfast foods. Olympia had been writing a letter to her family, sitting on the couch that was placed in front of her bed.

"Master Loretta says Olympia Bellchant must eat before leaving for the Weasleys." The house-elf informed before sliding the tray onto the table in front of her. Olympia nodded the house-elf off after thanking her.

Her mind was far too busy with sketching onto a notepad with a pencil she had gotten on a trip to the muggle world with her father. She was trying to find an off the shoulder combination for Ginny that would compliment her build from quidditch.

Too deep into thought, she hardly noticed Gabriel come into her room. "Hello? Earth to Olympia!" He waved his hand around in her face to catch her attention.

She was pulled from her train of thought when she saw him. "Oh shit. Hey, what's up." She sat up from her comfy position and sat her notebook off on the side of the bed.

Gabriel noticed her food getting cold so he took a piece of toast and brought it to her lips. "Here. I'm going to make sure you don't work so hard that you starve." He raised his eyebrows.

A laugh crept upon her face and she grabbed the toast from his hands, taking a large bite from it. "You're really good at design. Have you always been a designer?" He said examining the pages in her notebook.

"Hm. I suppose so. It's just been something of a side hobby for me." Olympia rested her head against Gabriel's shoulder. The small action caused Gabriel's stomach to warm up.  He placed the notebook off to the side and wrapped his arms around the girl who seemed sleepy.

Gabriel rested his head on top of hers and she grinned. "You know, Gabe. I hope you let me lead when we dance. I've never been one to follow." She laughed and he joined along until they were blue in the face.

A knock on the door brought their attention away from each other. A tall, skinny figure was in the doorway. Loretta DuPont. "Oh, my apologies. I thought it was just Olympia here. I came to make sure you were eating your breakfast and getting cleaned up for your busy day before the ball." Her voice spoke softly.

"Yes, sorry. Gabriel made sure that I at least ate toast and stepped out of my notebook." She gestured to the notebook and half-empty plate of breakfast foods. Loretta examined the scene and gave her son a soft nod.

"You know, Olympia. I'm so happy my son found someone like you. If marriage were how this to play out, I'd be honored for you to pride yourself on the DuPont name." Loretta spoke boldly. It caught even Gabriel off guard, his face reddening.

Gabriel's hands made their way to his face and he shook his head. "Mom, please get out. Why would you say that." He chuckled into his hands which caused Olympia to laugh. Sooner or later they were all engaged in a bit of laughter.

"I needed that laugh. Planning this ball has gotten me all worked up. Ooh, I wonder if a bath may be of service." She hummed happily before exiting the bedroom.

Gabriel shifted over on the bed to look at Olympia from a better angle. "I wanted to talk to you about something else. Something important." His expression shifted from a playful carefree one to a serious and worried expression.