ch. ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ❚ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ 008

Miya Atsumu. — FINE.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

의미 없는 농담 주고받는 대화
Meaningless jokes, small talk

She used to be more happy than this. She was happier before than how she is right now. F/N used to shine more brightly back in those months. Months that were spent with genuine chuckles, and laughters, and smiles. Months that were extremely unforgettable, but at the same time, so hard to keep in.

Miya Atsumu and her used to be a lot more closer than they were now – mere strangers who only talked when needed, it's like, they were back to square one, but they'll never be able to cross that line again. Just strangers. Nothing more.

Just someone in the crowd, once again. And she thought she'd be just fine.

"L/N-san," Ah, that voice. The same voice that used to call her ever so sweetly and shout her name from the other end of the hallway. The same voice whose owner would smile so brightly towards her upon seeing her literally just anywhere.

Also the same voice that shattered her heart for the second time around.

"Yes, Miya-san?" F/N proceeded to reply, walking towards Atsumu before stopping right in front of him, distance close enough for them to hear other, but still far enough to be considered a distance friends would have.

"Mochi-sensei was callin' for ya in the faculty room, told me to tell ya to meet her by lunch," Atsumu stated in his usual voice, but not the same friendly voice that F/N used to hear.

"Thanks," was all F/N could say before walking away from Atsumu, leaving the blond just blankly staring at her retreating back, before walking away as well.

Reconstruction of a broken relationship? Does that even actually work out?

Or was the friendship light enough to just be thrown away in an instant?

F/N knew that she wished for Atsumu to just walk towards her once again like how he did the first time they met, the first time they clicked, the first time they became the closest of friends. She knew she hoped Atsumu and her could talk this out and restart a new.

But she also knew that that wouldn't be possible.

사람들 틈에 난 아무렇지 않아 보여
I look fine in a crowd

Lunch came by and it was finally time for her to go the faculty room where 'Mochi' – a nickname the students gave her due to her round and soft looking face – sensei was waiting. What might the sensei tell her, F/N doesn't know.

Entering the room, she immediately excused herself and greeted the teachers who were present inside as well, before walking straightly to where the Mochi-sensei's work place was.