ch. ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ❚ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ 003

(angst vers.)
TsukiKage. — YOU AND I.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

미안해. 고마워.
sorry. thank you.

"...Then leave!" Kageyama Tobio screamed which stunned Tsukishima Kei. Never in the days they've been together has he heard him say those words. "I... Tsukishima.." Kageyama muttered as he realized what he had just stated.

"Fine." Tsukishima firmly said before grabbing his jacket that was placed on the chair beside him before putting it on and going out the door, silently closing the door behind him.

Ans that was when Kageyama had broken down. He didn't mean to say those words, he didn't mean to push him away.

He didn't mean to make him leave his side.

"Please come back to me," Kageyama muttered, slowly falling down the ground, clutching the oversized sweater he wore that was obviously Tsukishima's "I need you."

Meanwhile, Tsukishima continued to walk, feeling the summer air brush his cheeks which only made it harder for him to refrain himself from crying on the sidewalk.

Because it's Kageyama's hands that ever so softly caressed his face with gentleness in each touch every time he was so, so down.

"Would he still want me back?" Tsukishima thought to himself, staring at the sparkly evening sky, watching as the stars gracefully dance the night away. "Cause I want him back."

Finallt, Tsukishima arrived in his house, throwing off his jacket somewhere in the living room before going straightly to his bathroom to take a long, warm bath.

Shortly after finishing, he went to check his phone, expecting a text from his beloved boyfriend, Kageyama. But when he saw that there was not a single message from him, he had the urge to send a message but immediately pushed the thought aside, thinking that they'd rather talk in person and proceeded to head to bed.

Tomorrow, or maybe the day after that, or maybe a week after.

Who actually knows.

──────

"Let's break up." The message said.

Finally, Tsukishima had received a message from Kageyama early in the morning, but it wasn't what he was expecting. it was much rather hurtful to read it through text.

If only he had sent that one message last night.

"Okay." was Tsukishima's flat and stupid reply. How could he just let go of someone he loved so dearly so easily? How could he just let that message break them apart?

How could he throw away all the memories they've build up and abandon the dreams they dreamt together?

It was a hundred times painful for him to send that reply.

It was afternoon practice when everyone noticed that Tsukishima and Kageyama were so distant to each other, and Yamaguchi, as a captain, decided that he should at least know what was happening between the two or it will result for the team to break apart.

"We broke up." Tsukishima monotonously replied towards his best friend, but it was that extra coldness in his voice that broke Yamaguchi's heart.

It was obvious that he was in a silent battle with himself wanting to fight the pain alone.

"Tsukki..."

"If that's what would make him happy, I'm fine with it." Tsukishima replied before going back to practice his blocks.

It didn't make Kageyama one bit. He at least wanted Tsukishima to stop him from breaking up with him, But he didn't.

The cold tension between their setter and middle blocker continued for months, not until one day.

"Tobio-chan!" a voice screamed from outside of the gym, and there stood a blond boy who was smiling widely, Kageyama shyly returning the gesture with the sweetest smile he got.

"Excuse me," Kageyama excused himself before going toe the person who had called him. "Atsumu-san, what are you doing here?" Kageyama asked, looking straightly towards the person named Atsumu.

"What? I can't visit my boyfriend?" Atsumu replied, quickly pulling Kageyama for a tight hug before walking them outside the gym.

This event didn't go unnoticed by a certain blond who could only click his tongue in annoyance.

"Excuse me," Tsukishima informed as he walked himself out of the gym and to the clubroom, catching Atsumu making Kageyama furiously blush with whatever he had said.

"Hey, Tsukki-kun," Atsumu called after noticing that Tsukishima was there, putting his outdoor shoes.

"Please don't call me that." Tsukishima coldly, very coldly, replied, going straightly to the clubroom afterwards.

It definitely broke Kageyama's heart, but not that much when he didn't stop him from breaking up.

"So, let's go to that restaurant near the café we met up last time, okay?" Atsumu informed before leaving a kiss on top of Kageyama's forehead.

Kageyama nodded, smiling widely towards atsumu, this time with more confidence, before saying, "Sure, I'll just get through practice."

Meanwhile, Tsukishima sat behind the clubroom door, legs spread forwards with his hands covering his face.

And he was crying. Crying because it was not him who's making Kageyama so happy.

Not anymore.

사랑해.
I love you.
‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

AUG. 19 '21 | KEISSI'S NOTE
do you hate me now for not updatibg some x readers?