Chapter 22- Trust me, I will not expect anything from you illegally

"we don't have our merchant's treasure . How do we proceed to chevvur like a merchant?" Vanathi asked Adhithya.

"You forgot one thing, I always plunge into action only after devising a solution for failures. Just close your eyes and count up to 100" chuckled Adhithya.

She did and finally she opened her eyes which pops out of astonishment. Her eyes was gleaming the reflection of a treasure box made of bronze lined with gold, sitting on his lap. She rubbed her eyes to check her image and found much more astonished when he opened that box to reveal the very precious jewellery.

Vanathi's internal thought, " God! He is the king of kings to have all such treasures. I didn't even see such a fine piece of jewellery even at the jewellery shops in my city. Huh! If I ever could have a chance of wearing it for at least once in my lifetime?!!! Huh!!"

Vanathi asked him, "How did you get this treasure box. I'm truly jealous on seeing such jewellery. If you come to our city just .. only with this box, you are a billionaire in one day. Huh" sighed Vanathi.

Now it's the turn for Adhithya to get shocked. He thought, "Just with this cheap ornaments, how could I become rich in her country?! What type of country does she lives! If she isn't lunatic then proby  she isn't living in a good country." But he questioned her, " in which city do you live, who is your king, does he provides his people's needs satisfactorily?"

Now Vanathi  understood his questions and it's intended meaning. She replied, " in my country there is no king.." Adhithya was shocked for the second time to hear her words, a country without a king!! Vanathi continued, " We people select a candidate and elect them as our councillor to take control of public work in our ward and many other political positions are there , to which, we select one among the candidate and make them administer our country. Each conglomerate of small lands are ruled by a chief minister. The hierarchy reaches up to the level of prime minister and president.  This is how we are ruled by ourselves."

Adhithya was intrigued about the election and other stuff. He was asking her much about the electoral system. She said," I'm not a political science student to explain and analyse drastically; why when where all the bills are drafted, passed and executed but what I know is very little basic yet very much needed information about our electoral system of my country. So .... That's all I know." She  Stopped her story , trailing her eye contact with Adhithya.

He was very much confused yet curious about what Vanathi lectured just before. For the next few moments he was pondering over the electoral system, it's benefits and demerits. He mentally noted this idea.

It was midnight and they wanna take some rest. Adhithya tied the horses under a tree. He was yawning but Vanathi nagged, "How did you get that box, was any of your soldiers following us?"

With a chuckle, "wow, you got the brain" he teased.

She nodded, " ok ok I got it. You have shadow guards, I know ... I know.." she smirked, "you know even our prime minister and ministers are guarded each and every second. They got the highest order of security. I use to wonder how these people get some privacy but now .. I never dreamt that my privacy would be at stake and I suppose it was long gone when I slipped into the pool. Hmmm.." she sighed.

Adhithya laughed at her...but he doesn't know what to answer.

Vanathi asked where to sleep. He pointed his finger at the base of the tree.. that means.. sleeping under a tree.. at night time..?!!

She replied with a big no nodding her head in opposition, " No! Nope! Never! I .. I .. never slept under a tree during night even at my garden... This is the forest... I don't wanna bite by flies, mosquitoes or venomous snakes and other millipedes. You should have told me earlier that we might caught up in this thick  forest at midnight. I don't wanna be here .. please do something... Help me me.."

Adhithya's body stiffened at her NO s. He said , " Listen even a 10 year old will not say this place , a heavily forested. Open your eyes and see, there are grassland over the other side. It's my order you are sleeping here. Trust me, I will not expect anything from you illegally" whisper yelled Adhithya.

There were few tears trying to strain her cheeks but she bite back. She stiffened and started to open her bag. She took her hammock and asked his help to tie it in the trees. He strangely look at the hammock and tied as she instructed.

 He strangely look at the hammock and tied as she instructed