Chapter 36- Pledge your loyalty

Vanathi doesn't want to lie to her bestie but at the same time she doesn't wanna reveal Adithya's identity and other complicated things. She was brainstorming all the possible reasons to give a satisfying answer.

"Why are you stammering vanathi tell your friend that I'm your fiance" Adithya literally prod her.

Sanjay was looking at her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath within a second, "yes ! Sanjay, he is my fiance, don't ask much about us because i dont want to lie to you but one thing i can assure you, he is a man of his words, never doubt him. He has promised me that he will take care of me very well."

Still Sanjay can't understand why she isn't normal but one thing he know, he want to help her and want to go back to their own country and don't want to be stuck in the past.
"Alright vanathi, tell me why are you here?"

"But still you did tell me who , your commander is?" Aditya interfered rudely.

" Well vanathi.. I'm much doubtful about this man even though you assure him as  gentleman... But.. i wanna help you vanathi , I'm a soldier in cherman dynasty guarding this little mount." Sanjay shrugged his shoulders.

"Why you are guarding this mountain especially now?" Asked Aditya.

"I don't like to reply to your questions, don't you feel you are too bossy around here?huh!" Smirked Sanjay.

Vanathi interfered before Adithya turns livid, " Sanjay please answer him and you don't know who he is, it's for our safety and well-being please answer his questions without any pun"

" Fine vanathi! I'm assigned to guard here, this little peak, since two days. There was a confidential meeting arranged up at the inn at the peak." He answered.

"Who were all coming for the rendezvous at the inn? " Vanathi inquired him.

"I think it was a meeting of cherman king, cheliya king, hoyaa king, challi king. I don't know why they are going in for a meeting but they stopped the normal routine of people around this area and spread many misinformation and rumours purposely to stop people coming here. I think this meeting was very important to them." Sanjay replied them with sincerity.

"When are they going to meet?" he asked him.

"Maybe in an hour or two, but why do you want such details?"

"Sanjay, i will explain you later but please don't ask such complicated questions" vanathi requested him.

"Ok vanathi i will zip up my questions. Ok? Have a smile dear" Sanjay tried to cheer her up.

This obviously doesn't cheerup Adithya so he interrupted him, "was that possible for us to get in to that inn now?"

"I think it's not possible to get to the inn there, if you want to stay the night here, you can stay in my log cabin. What do you say?" Sanjay twitched his eyebrow a little high.

"We want to stay at the inn now immediately before the meeting starts" demanded Adithya.

"Nope! I can't do that. I don't want my head beheaded and dangling on the trees" sanjay denied him.

Vanathi want to help Adithya and also her friend. So she find a compromising way , "Sanjay, believe me , as a future Empress of Valavaah dynasty , i give you my word, you will be given position in valavaah dynasty if you pledge your loyalty to me and my bodyguard (pointing Adithya ) and to our valavaah dynasty. You owe a favour to us by sending us into the inn without others noticing"

Adithya was surprised by the way she handled the situation by not telling the whole truth but very evasive in giving partial details ensuring the safety of him , by not revealing his identity to get a help.

Sanjay was shocked , " have you gone nuts?  You are what? Queen , wat queen ...hahaha.. i thought you are sane until before you called yourself as queen... Funny girl.. still you didn't lose your bubbling jokes even at this situation!huh? ..haha" he started laughing.

His reaction got Adithya on nerve, " How dare you make fun at our future Empress and you even dare to call her queen, she is Empress.. "

"Please let's stop this, Sanjay, join my dynasty and pledge your loyalty. You will be arranged to get back to your country once this mission is finished. " Vanathi told him in a determined tone.

On seeing this Sanjay understood that something important is going on, " Ok Vanathi... Oh sorry.. i pledge my loyalty to the future Valavaah dynasty empress Vanathi."

"Fine sanjay, you will  be given spy position from now onwards. You have to report to us if you find any detail or something fishy. Now please make us to  sneak into the inn" ordered Vanathi.

Sanjay was baffled and amused by Vanathi's decision making skills. Adithya was very proud of his future wife's independent wise decision making skill.

"Ok vanathi, i know there is a lumber room that's near to the meeting hall from where you can eavesdrop..... Don't look astonished... i assume you came all the way through here to spy this meeting. ..,Your questions get me to this assumption. Hmm...By the way , why did he called himself as your fiance when you addressed him as bodyguard? Huh? Ok ....ok...i know .. i know... i shouldn't ask much questions which could put you into discomfort. So... I keep zip up 🤐 my mouth."