Chapter 29- plan to seize the cane

"Are you ok?" Vanathi squinted her eyes on Adithya.

"I'm ok but .. the man at the adjacent room... He seems familiar but acting peculiar... Not even smiling back at me. His cane stick is .... I don't know... there is something in that cane stick... As if he protects it with all his life.."  pulled his lips tightly into a pout.

"Let me be clear, are you looking into the man or into his cane stick? Which one you wanna get?" Raising her eyebrows in a question.

"I suppose that man is useful ,only when we happen to see what's inside the stick. " He exclaimed.

" Ok, i got a plan.. see... usually people looks grumpy or stoic only when they conceal something.

That man looks precautious enough to hold the cane everytime but forgets to padlock his room door. Something's fishy....

So.. I assume he could be a messenger or something like that. .. If we steal , he will get alerted and I'm unsure of the  consequences. If we get a chance to read the message inside of the stick without him getting noticed... That would be a great deal... I'm damn sure it's of great use.  " Vanathi with a cheeky grin continued , " you know... Stealing isnt good but we are just gonna read the msg and we are not taking that cane stick with us... So... I got a plan..." Vanathi trailed

"I know you sound mischievous but right now at this situation im ready to do it. Scroll down your ideas" commanded Adithya.

"We need to know whether he carries that cane stick while he finish his early morning routines. I think , the room he stays wasn't attached with a bathroom so definitely he must be bathing in the nearby water bodies. That's the ideal time , we can divert his attention to grab the cane and replace "

"So how to divert his attention without him getting an inkling of suspicion?" He raised his brow.

"Order your men to spy on him especially his morning routines because night time he might be on alert mode. Daytime is the best especially if it's the early morning" she winked with a smirking grin."

He raised his eyebrows and his lips curved a lot without parting and he nodded.

They made a plan as per their collected information on that man. The man bath at the nearby river tribute early morning 6am. The day before the plan , the duo went to see the tributary and route a plan.

That man came to take a bath on the river keeping his cane very closely on the steps before his eyesight. Vanathi walked on the steps and casually flipped the cane into the river which was carried away by the river flow. When he saw this he started yelling and screaming at her and even started cursing her for flipping the cane into the river.

"I'm sorry for my deed but i will definitely replace it with a new cane, my husband will buy you a new one , if not we will buy you a new teak wood cane stick. Was that ok. Won't you stop  yelling at me?" Vanathi request in a commanding tone.

That seems to escalate the situation, "  do you know the value of the cane. Don't you have eyes, or you did it intentionally to start a psycho game? How dare you, ... You will never understand it's true value..." He was shouting at her.

Meanwhile
As per their plan Adhitya started waiting on a tree branch Whose branch was curving and bending onto the surface of river water which gorge. He immediately get cane from the river water. He opened the cane to reveal it's content. After reading it twice , Adithya close the cane and tied it near the forest vine as such it looks like it was carried by river flow and he soon leave for vanathi.