A kiss goodnight

Madam Pomfrey gave Willa a hard time about leaving the hospital wing that night. She made her disapproval very clear while following Willa to her room carrying the vase of roses and Willa's blue gown she had been rushed into the hospital in. The students had already gone to bed and the hallway torches were barely lit as the two women snickered back and forth. They walked down the stairs leading to Willa's chamber softly lit by the torches in the hall. Poppy I'm fine really but one night in that hospital is bad enough. I want to sleep in my own bed." Poppy gave Willa a disapproving smirk and handed her the vase of roses and her dress. "Listen to me young lady, one flicker of pain, I want you back into the hospital wing, do I make myself clear?" Poppy demanded with a stern look on her face. "Crystal." Willa replied, nodding towards Poppy. The thin woman shot a warning glance Willa's way right before turning to leave. Willa watched her disappear down the dark hall before opening her door. A chilly cold rush blasted through Willa as she entered her room. No fire had been lit to warm her room for an entire day and the light from the windows had vanished in the night. She reached for her wand and waved it twice. Once to light the fire and once to light the candles. She placed the vase of pink roses on the table next to her lounge and then sat down to repair her dress. She slowly used the reparo charm to mend the tears and the scoring charm to clean the blood away. She rubbed her forehead as it throbbed from a forming headache. She wanted to rest but the affects from being struck by two dueling spells at once, gave a constant reminder that she would be getting no sleep due to the pain. As she lay her head back against the chase lounge she heard a gentle knocking at her door. It was a soft knock so she assumed it was Poppy checking in. "It told you I was fine." She said as she swung open the door. To her disbelief she found a shocked Severus Snape on the other side, his arm outstretched as if he were going to knock again. "Poppy told me you were here." Is all he could say as his eyes moved from her face to the floor taking note she was barefoot, dressed in a white linen gown, and the curls from her blonde hair danced freely around her shoulders. Looking very similar to the night she had knocked on his door not to long ago. He could feel his heart flutter as he watched her eyes glisten from the fire and candlelight. "I just wanted to sleep in my own bed tonight is all." She explained as she attempted to hide the fact she wasn't dressed properly, pressing herself behind the door. "I was just going to ask how you were feeling and if you needed anything." Severus explained as the a stale look fell between the two of them. "I'm quite alright. Just a little exhausted." The moment she said it, the idea dawned on her. She slept best when she was near him. The night he brought her tea, the night she confronted him in his chamber, and last night in the hospital wing; those were the best nights of rest she had in months. "Would you like to come in? I have a proposition." She suggested with tired eyes. He raised his brow with curiosity and slowly walked into her room. Willa began to pace getting her thoughts together while Severus stood frozen in front of the door that he entered in. He couldn't help but notice her holding her right arm as she paced the floor. She was in pain. "Willa, what do you need?" He asked to move her thoughts along hoping she would ask for help with the pain. His question stopped her in her tracks and she turned towards him with a red face. This is going to sound crazy. You can say no to this request. Please don't feel obligated." His furrowed brows of confusion forced Willa to move forward with her statement. "Severus, would you mind spending the night here with me? You can leave as soon as I fall asleep." She didn't want to seem to desperate at This point but she was exhausted and the pain in her arm was radiating to her shoulder and neck. She bit her lip in waiting as Severus, somewhat in shock by her request stared at her with a look of uncertainty. He smirked as he began unbuttoning his jacket slowly revealing a white button down shirt underneath. Willa smiled and a twinkle of excitement gleamed across her face, her bare feet slapped the floor as she ran to her a blanket. Severus laid his coat over the back of a nearby chair and unbuttoned the cuffs of the white crisp sleeves. "Where do you want me?" He asked while looking around the room. Willa scoped the room with her finger to her cheek in thought. "Why don't you just sit here on the lounge and I'll sit next to you." He walked over to where she pointed and sat back against lounge and rested his arm at the top. Willa wrapped her soft grey blanket around her and sat beside Severus leaving enough space between them to be less awkward. "Poppy told me everything you did for me while I was unconscious. I can't thank you enough." Willa said to make Severus relax. She then looked over to the vase of pink roses and was about to thank him for them as well but his words cut her off. "We need to talk about this curse, but at another time. Right now you need to rest." His words were sharp and cold but his actions were completely different. He lifted his arm and motioned for her to scoot closer towards him. She was hesitant at first but there was something about his calm demeanor that was welcoming. She moved closer and rested her head on his chest as he slouched into a more comfortable position. Willa wrapped her legs next to her and yawned as she felt Severus rest is arm against her back gently. She could hear his heartbeat. It was steady and strong and the beat synced with hers almost immediately. "You know, your not all that scary. I can see right through you, Severus Snape." She gazed up into his eyes and received his tight lipped smile. "Thank you for the roses. They're absolutely gorgeous. It was really nice waking up and seeing them." Severus could hear how tired she was in her voice. He began stroking her back slowly to further relax her. "You are very welcome." He said as he felt the weight of her body grow dense. He closed his eyes resting his head on the back of the lounge. This felt good. It felt right. He had his suspicions that the attraction he felt towards her was due to the soulbinding curse, but also what if this was fate. The way she felt resting next to him made him feel complete. Needing him there to get sleep made him feel like he was needed and he liked it. He was so comfortable in this state that he fell asleep also.