𝐈𝐈. ーHEATED TENSION.

BREAK FREE 02 ; 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 !

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS NOTHING BUT awkward for the amount of silence that surrounds the four men;  almost deafening as it had already been few minutes since they gathered around this particular room to look after the nerdy mundane. None of the Shadowhunters had a pleasant look on their faces but Simon, who only showed signs of nervousness by fidgeting and bouncing his legs together as time slowly passes. The blue haired boy was starting to get annoyed because of it, his eyes glaring at the empty wall in front of him.

"Okay, this silence is making me sick!" Simon finally speaks and looks at all three Shadowhunters, only to receive a disapproving stare from the Parabatai. "Look, I really don't understand what's going on. I just wanted to take Clary with me so we could go home together, this thing isn't what-"

"Shut up." Brian interrupted his rambling, voice and face filled with irritation as he snapped his glare towards him. The mundane raises both of his hands in surrender, trying to calm him down as he stopped himself from rambling. The Thornhill sighed and rolled his eyes; he didn't know dealing with a mundane alone will take up much of his energy. Not only that, but he also has to deal with Clary Fray who he already knows would be a huge pain in the ass despite only meeting her earlier.

The only thing he could hope for is to have the Thornhill name remain clean and above while he looks after her. Certainly, he will be called a disappointment to the Thornhill family if he failed this duty. That's something he never want, even though he basically hates his parents.

The door slammed open and Tristan barged in with a playful grin on his lips after sensing the awkwardness among the air. The blue haired boy gives him a look, "Don't you dare."

"Happy meeting each other?" Tristan continued otherwise and caused an annoyed groan to leave Brian's lips. "What? Come on, Parabatai. It's so much fun having Simon here!" He went over to stand in front of his best friend who only responded with a disapproving look.

Jace raised his brows in surprise, "You two are Parabatai?"

"How come a Shadowhunter doesn't have an excellent observing skills?" Brian retorted sarcastically earning a smack on his arm from his best friend.

"Dude, be nice! And yeah, we're Parabatai. As much as it's unbelievable, Brian's actually a nice person. He's just being tied to his duties and family name." The Robespierre claimed without a thought before a hand landed on the back of his head coming from Brian.

The latter gives him a death glare and a look that they cannot point out what, as Tristan immediately smiles apologetically towards him. "Forget what I said, he's not really nice at all." He takes back with a forced smile, which Alec and Jace noticed, making the Thornhill face palm as a sigh left his lips. Tristan isn't really the best at keeping secrets, while he was the opposite.