𝐕. ーPARABATAI MATTERS.

BREAK FREE 05 ; 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 !

THE RIDE HOME FELT UNPLEASANT with tensions rising in the air from both the red head and the light blue haired male as Jace drove the van back to the Institute. They could see Brian was trying to hold back his anger with how his fist was clenched tight to the point his knuckles turned white. The three Shadowhunters could already hear the insults and distaste he would throw at Clary once they're back.

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asked after entering the Institute.

"Because we protect humans." Isabelle answered.

"You're right." Clary turned around, "Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." She sarcastically stated, unknowingly making Brian's blood boil as he shot her a menacing glare.

Alec, annoyed by what she said, made sure to insult. "There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense." Causing the red head to scoff.

"Alec, not now." Isabelle sternly scolded her brother.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Jace tried to assure her which annoyed the Thornhill more when they seemed to forget that his parabatai was also kidnapped. If they don't stop being stupid, he'd just go save Tristan by himself since he's very well capable of doing that.

Clary got annoyed by Jace's statement, "But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone." What am I supposed to do now?"

Brian rolled his eyes, deciding to just ignore her and think of a plan to rescue his parabatai as soon as possible before Raphael gets his hands on him, not having the time to insult her for the first time. I swear to angel raziel if I saw any sign of blood taken from him, I'm gonna burn the whole place to the ground.

The older Lightwood walked forward, the only one who was calm at the moment. "We have to report to the Clave." He informed, earning a exasperated "great" from Jace. "They have to know we've learned about Valentine."

"What, that he's my father? Great, fine. Tell them. What good does that do to Simon?" Clary asked as she gave him a look.

Okay, now Brian was losing his non-existent patience. They seemed to not care about Tristan at all.

Jace quickly went to explain, "Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup."

"Why? It makes new Shadowhunters." She was confused.