𝐗𝐈𝐕. ーMARYSE LIGHTWOOD'S ARRIVAL

BREAK FREE 14 ; 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝's arrival !

BRIAN STOOD IN THE MIDDLE of his room with violin resting on his shoulder, playing a calming tune. Every time he's distressed, it's either he turns to music or slaughter demons outside, and today he felt like playing a violin which is what he's currently doing. His eyes are closed to feel the music created by himself as his hand moves gracefully, unaware of the presence that just entered the room in silence as to not disturb him.

After playing the last melody, just then he noticed Alec leaning on the closed door with his arms folded above his chest and a soft look on his face. Brian tried to smile at him, but his lips refused to move when his mind reminded him of what happened earlier, instead forming a frown as he looked at the carpeted floor.

The Lightwood realizes he was having a hard time, so he leaned away from the door and approached, carefully placing his hand on Brian's shoulder to not scare him. "You don't have to force yourself to smile when you're with me. I understand, and the others do too."

Brian raised his brows and set the violin and violin bow down, sighing as he sat on his bed. "I don't think you do. Growing up, you all were loved by both of your parents. I wasn't, and it's hard to understand someone like me. I'm a complicated person." Trying to sound casual but failing, the coldness in his tone being more bigger and evident than the first time he came here. It's as if those soft voice Alec heard never existed.

Now standing in front of him, Alec then realized how distant Brian felt, like when they argued on the day of his arrival. He has been distant since his arrival and they only got closure when they talked at the rooftop, but now it seems as if that closure didn't happen.

Brian felt lost. He doesn't know what to do with their Thornhill name after it's clear that he was the one who tainted it despite the efforts he put into not ruining it. The reputation of the Thornhill family is certainly ruined. If not, Penelope wouldn't have lashed out on him. Unnecessary pressure was being placed upon him and it makes him confused even more what to do. The fact that Penelope will disown him if he doesn't restore their name didn't help at all, only putting more pressure on him and weight on his shoulders.

"You know," Alec starts upon seeing his troubled look. Brian looks up at him. "What Penelope said wasn't true. I don't think you're a disappointment, you tried so hard to prevent us from making stupid decisions and breaking the Clave's rules. It's not your fault Clary's annoying and obnoxiously persistent." He shrugged and crouches down in front of Brian to see him face-to-face. "It's also not your fault that Jace and Izzy chose to help her."