𝐗𝐈𝐗. ーRESCUE MISSION II.

BREAK FREE 19 ; 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐢 !

THE RINGING OF PHONE from Clary's backpack enters the Shadowhunters' ears, who were gathered together to somehow find her, Alec's, and Simon's whereabouts. Isabelle quickly pulled the phone out and answered, pressing speaker mode so the others could hear.

"Hello?" Jace called out.

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words, but thank God it's you. It's me, Simon." Simon's panicking voice erupts from the other line, making all of them listen in.

"Where are you? Where are―"

Brian interrupts Jace with the expressionless look on his face back again, "Where's Alec? Is he with you?" The others failed to realize that him crossing his arms is a sign of him keeping to himself and maintaining distance.

They hear a shuffling sound from the other line and Simon's hey! before another familiar voice speaks, "Yeah, we're stuck together." Alec's tired and monotone voice filled with distaste somehow brings relief within all of the Shadowhunters, letting out a breath they didn't know they were holding. "Unbelievable," Alec sighed.

"I'm glad you're okay, Alec." Jace said, earning a raised brow and glare from Brian, who knew damn well he was worried about the red head more than his own parabatai. "Isn't Clary with you? Where is she, where are you?"

"They're interrogating her about something, like a cup?" Simon was the one to quickly answer as he goes into a rant, "I don't think I know this place, it's like a Chinese restaurant. This cop Alaric arrested us, but it was a total fake-out. Him and his buddy, they took us... They took us to their hangout and then―"

Brian sighs exasperatedly and rolled his eyes, hearing Alec from the other line close to Simon let out a heavy sigh as well, probably having the same reaction as him. The corner of Isabelle's mouth twitched in amusement as her eyes darted from Brian and to the phone she was holding. Brian and her brother was so much alike that it was almost funny, though she knows better than mention it to both of them.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Simon." Tristan attempts to soothe him. "Do us a favor and look around, tell us what you see."

"Uh... We're definitely on a pier. There's a ton of water. Uh... I see lockers, and―" Simon's explanation was cut short by Alec who held an unimpressed tone. "You're taking too long. There are claw marks all over this place, so I'd guess this is a werewolf chamber."

Tristan looks back at Brian with a lightbulb lighting in his mind, snapping his fingers with a big smile. "Jade Wolf! That is the only Chinese restaurant here that I know of, it's located on the pier at Greene St.!"

The excited jig of his body made Brian smile only barely and ruffle his hair in congratulations, proud look crossing the perfect Shadowhunter's face. Tristan grins widely at that, eyes twinkling in adoration towards his parabatai. Brian always makes him feel validated by praising even his small achievements. It made Tristan sadly wonder if it's because Brian had never felt validated nor praised by his own parents; if it's because Brian's making sure Tristan never grows to hate himself.