𝐕𝐈. ーTHE BEGINNING OF CLOSURE.

BREAK FREE 06 ; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 !

TRISTAN SIGHS HEAVILY AS HE fiddled with the necklace that he removed from his neck in an attempt to calm his nerves, hoping that his parabatai would be quick to save him from this vampire nest. He doesn't doubt Brian at all; he's confident that he matters a lot to the Thornhill more than anyone could ever know, despite Brian's resistance to admit it out loud. Their bond can't be compared to anybody's after all. It's stronger than anything that exists in this world, even though it sounds a lot exaggerated.

Though, Tristan couldn't deny that he was quite scared for his life and he was bad at hiding it. If Brian was the one kidnapped, nothing would probably bother him since that guy is invincible and pretty impossible to intimidate. But he wasn't Brian. He wasn't trained to be emotionless all his life; nobody taught him how to perfectly hide his emotions, nobody scolded him when he showed a slightest hint of fear, and nobody got angry at him for making a mistake.

Sometimes, he wished Brian had taught him how to be unafraid of literally everything, but the said male never did nor tried to. And every time Tristan brought it up, he would always respond with one sentence; "You shouldn't ruin yourself." Brian always protected him someway, whether it's mentally or physically, because he knew the harsh reality and never wanted him to have a life like his.

Thinking back now, he never thanked Brian for always looking after him even when he was struggling with his parents. When did he even do something for Brian? He could only list a few and then nothing more. Falling for him doesn't even do anything, it's just a bother for the young Thornhill. Brian already had too many on his plate ― Tristan doesn't want to add more into them. Maybe he should express his thankfulness more and hide his feelings completely, so that there will be no regrets. Being away from him made Tristan realize so many things, and he was sort of glad for it.

The door opening snaps him out of his thoughts, quickly sitting up and pressing his back flush against the wall, cautious at the male vampire that entered the room. "Well, well... You're awake, Tristan Robespierre." The man walks over to him, crouching down. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Raphael Santiago."

Tristan perked up at the familiar name, mind traveling back to when his parabatai mentioned it. "My parabatai know you... and he wouldn't be happy if he finds out you hurt me. He's a man of the law, but that doesn't mean he isn't concerned for my well-being." His voice slightly trembled despite trying to be intimidating, his mind fully aware that Raphael could easily kill him if he wanted to.

The vampire chuckles, nodding his head in agreement. "Oh, I know that. Which is why I'm not laying my hand on you, or the mundane outside this room." He nodded towards the door.