Chapter 40

Before Nayeon could reach the entrance her bandmates stopped her, "What is this text we got about you leaving the band?"

Nayeon sighed as she looked at her closest friends, "I can't risk your careers when this gets out."

Jeongyeon slapped her arm, "We are all in this together, we are family."

"You are not leaving the band," Before Nayeon could reply, Tzuyu cut her off, "That's final."

The other girls nodded their head in agreement.

Nayeon wanted to protest but seven pairs of eyes staring at her with steely determination shut her up.

She nodded her head, eyes glistening as she looked at them gratefully and took off towards the red carpet where she spotted Mina talking to a journalist who'd stopped her for questions.

"Baby, wait!" Nayeon grabbed Mina's hand who looked around at the photographers around them, the flash of the cameras blinding their eyes.

"Nayeon-chan," She hissed under her breath, wearing a fake smile on her face as she posed for pictures. "What do you think you are doing?"

"Jhagiya," Nayeon looped her arm around hers and smiled politely at the cameras, "I didn't expect him to kiss me."

Mina nodded at a journalist who waved at her, turning slightly to fix Nayeon with a stern glance. "Get back inside, we'll talk when we get home!"

"Not before I do this," Nayeon took a deep breath, and Mina let out a soft gasp when lips brushed against hers pulling her into a slow and tender kiss, as time stopped in a collision of senses, the cameras flashing at them and the buzz of people fading into the background.

"Saranghae," Nayeon whispered as she rested their foreheads together, smiling at her girlfriend warmly.

Mina couldn't help but return the smile as she leaned against the older girl who was holding her in a warm embrace. "Saranghae Nayeon-chan."

Few months later, the girls were looking at the screen in their production office, biting their nails anxiously. They stood up cheering loudly when their new single came out at the top of billboard charts.

"Looks like Nayeon's relationship with Mina turned out to be in your favor girls," The producer admitted reluctantly, "You've seemed to have gathered more public attention over the past few months and the fan base has grown because you have LGBQT support as well."

Nayeon told her bandmates after a pressmeet to congratulate them on their success, "Thank you for sticking by my side. I couldn't have done this without you."

They took her in a group hug replying, "It's all of us or none."

Nayeon laughed at Ari who was trying to eat spaghetti without spilling it all over herself.

Jihyo was helping Mina prepare dessert in the kitchen. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were playing on Mina's Xbox. Sana and Dahyun were talking, sitting next to her on the chairs around the dining table. Momo and Tzuyu were dancing and making chicken impressions.

Ari frowned at Nayeon who continued to give her a mocking smile.

"So Nayeon-tan," Ari began with a smirk when Mina came back into the living room to sit on the older girl's lap, "When are you going to ask my sister to marry you?" Her lips twisted into a satisfied grin when Nayeon spat her drink.

Nayeon scowled at Ari, for a ten year old she sure knew how to settle scores.

"Are you going to get down on one knee?" Momo asked curiously.

"That's so old fashioned!" Tzuyu told her.

Jihyo glanced at Nayeon, "You could just ask Mina with a ring in hand!"

"A diamond ring would look good on Mina's delicate fingers," Dahyun noted as she joined in the conversation.

Sana shook her head, "That's too flashy, gold rings are classic."

Chaeyoung took her eyes off the game, looking at Nayeon whose face looked white, "You should totally pop the question at Niagra falls. That's where you realized your feelings for her."

"I think it should be in Korea," Jeongyeon argued, "That's where they met."

Mina patted Nayeon's back, rubbing circles on them gently, "Nayeon-chan, ignore them."

Nayeon gave her a warm smile, her heart fluttering gently when the beautiful face that was etched in every single cell of her heart looked at her with so much love and fondness.

It wasn't like she didn't want to marry Mina, that was her ultimate goal, but she didn't know what the younger girl wanted and didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

As she took another sip of her drink, her gaze lingered on Mina who sat on her lap and she wondered how she got so lucky to have someone so beautiful, kind and compassionate as her girlfriend.

"Just for your information," Mina said turning in her arms slightly, looping her arms around Nayeon's neck, her full lips curving in a dazzling smile as she leaned down to peck her lips, "It doesn't matter if it's Korea or Niagra. Just make sure you get down on one knee."

Nayeon spat out her drink again.

The Myoui women were definitely going to be the end of her.