Ch 3.5

The room felt chilly on Izuku's... hide? He still did not know what to call his skin yet. The final hour started twenty minutes ago, and the room was still. Well, almost, Bakugou was fuming over something, causing the air to be thick with tension. The teacher droned on and on about the same thing they had been learning for the past two weeks.

Boredom was king of the class.

Except for Izuku, he could not hear the judging whispers or the crackling of explosions. Much less the lesson; at least the teacher was trying to teach them, much better than their history teacher. The music from his headphones easily made school bearable for the last couple of weeks.

It was not his usual thing. If the room was too loud, he would usually manifest his mask. The room would go silent, either out of fear or in Katsuki's case, his explosions would get louder. He only did it if he wanted to hear what the teacher was teaching, so it only happened a handful of times. But he already knew what was being taught. Izuku already knew most of the things the teachers taught. It was chiefly due to not having friends to take up his time... or traditional hobbies that did not involve trekking across town to take notes on heros.

Izuku thought that his school life would be better after he got his quirk. That, with a quirk... people would willingly talk to him, and he would be accepted into even the smallest of groups. But, that sadly was not the case, and in some ways, his days got worse. He was still picked on, and bullies hit him. But instead of getting in trouble for starting the altercation with the bullies. He now got in trouble for them breaking their fingers on his skin. Or, in one case breaking a chair that had been used to hit him in the head.

In his walks to the Dojo, he knew he was getting followed by Bakugou and his cronies. He knew they were trying to dig up some dirt on him, to frame him for something. But they could not follow him across rooftops without using their quirks. Izuku would know, the hero's that patrolled rooftops were sticklers for quirk usage laws.

If he was eating out with his mom, he got dirty looks for what he could only guess was his eyes or horns. The horns were not all that odd; perhaps it was just his eyes. The black sclera was a bit of a newer mutation, and personally, he liked it.

The worst thing about how things have changed since Izuku's quirk appeared. However, was the heat absorption; He could not stay warm at night without a mountain of blankets. And, if there was too much heat, it caused him to overheat... it felt like a panic attack. And when he was surrounded by a crowd and overheating, sometimes it was both. He could not count the number of times he had broken down in the comfort of his bed because of how mentally exhausted he was after going SHOPPING.

But it was not all bad. Izuku had a quirk now! Izuku was part of a really friendly dojo and had people who wanted to be his friend there. It was not like he did not want to be their friend. It is just... The last friend he had left more scars on him than any villain ever could. What if they turned out to be the same? Would it be his fault for getting too close? Would it be his fault for letting down his guard for even a moment and getting hurt? Would the Nailmasters do anything about the bullying if it started? Would they watch and laugh like the teachers that liked to watch him be hurt?

There was a chance that they were good people, and he did not need to worry. There was a chance that he could have friends... But it was slim. Izuku did not know what he would do if these people turned out to be like the people at his school.

There was also another good thing that came from his quirk... And maybe because they could not hurt him as bad as they once could. His bully problem basically vanished. Other than Bakugou, Izuku was left alone by the majority of the school... well, other than them making fun of him still. And in comparison to how things used to be... Where his notebooks were taken and burned and his clothes torn. It was a massive upgrade.