Ch4

With every step, worry flooded Izuku's mind. It was a dumb thought, him sword fighting? Not only would his mom never allow him to take a class like that, but the likelihood of them letting him even take the class was also slim... especially because his skin was now resistant to most forms of injury. It was sadly the life he lived in now. While he used to be turned away from most things for not having a quirk. He has now started to be turned away for having a mutation quirk.

It all started with an ad he had always considered looking into. The Nailmaster Sword Fighting Dojo was not new. But in comparison to some of the older dojo's it was. It was run by the triplet heros Sheo, Oro, and Mato, who ran both the dojo and their own hero agency. It was also the most cost-effective dojo he could find, essentially because as long as you graduate from their dojo, you never have to pay a cent... beyond medical fees, of course... And he still has not figured out what nail master meant.

He had also found out during his research that they had basically the same quirk! Unlike quirks that were similar on paper theirs was so close it was hard to tell who's quirk was being used! Which was a rare phenomenon that could only occur to identical siblings! Oro and Mato's quirks were the closest alike, only increasing the strength of an object they could consider a weapon while Sheo could cause anything to become a superior weapon.

Finally, seven months from the UA entrance Exam, Izuku found himself walking the busy streets of Musutafu. The crowds caused a spike of anxiety to fill him with every step... But thanks to some kind deity. All the teens that were even close to him were from a different school. He had even seen someone with pink skin! It was really fascinating! He could not help hypothesizing what their quirk was, mostly because pink skin was not a conventional mutation for most quirks to cause... He sadly had to end his thought process early because he had finally made it to the front door of the Nailmaster's Dojo.

He could not help but stand there for a long moment. He knew he was physically strong... That much was apparent from him accidentally cracking cement when he punched Bakugou into it. But he did not feel comfortable with punching things. It felt too much like the number one jackasses trademark. He at least knew the Nailmasters were better heroes. Their reputation had not been tarnished since their debut, and their popularity had remained relatively stable over the years.

So why did he want to learn sword fighting in the first place? To be honest, it was the powerful aura wielding a sword gave off. If he wanted to strike fear into villains, then what would be better than a sword? Well... a gun, but he did not like loud and obnoxious BANG's. So those were out of the question.

Learning the basics of sword fighting was not difficult per se. But It still took longer than Izuku thought it would... It also did not help that Master Sheo held mandatory art classes once a week. By the end of Izuku's first month in the sword fighting program, he had finally gotten a personalized Nail.

They were incredible! Sheo's husband made them in his forge, and with his quirk, he could bond a wielder's quirk to the metal with just a bit of DNA. Which could cause a plethora of things to happen. For the Nailmaster themselves, it caused their Nails to retain the energy their quirk's put into them, which let them do longer and cooler combos with their nail arts! He had even seen this one guy who had a porcupine quirk that caused his nail to be able to sprout quills!

However, so far, he had only been able to make his nail go black... Which was not all that bad, especially if he was fighting in a dark room. At least he could draw an okay circle now. And well, he had gotten a slightly stronger mask after he had fallen into the corner of the weapon rack.

As time went forward, he could not help that he was falling behind his goal. He wanted... needed to beat Bakugou. He needed to prove All Might and his teachers and all his classmates wrong. It was probably becoming an obsession as he continued to practice late into the night. But as long as he could keep near heat, he could go all night. He NEEDED to beat the best, which meant he needed to climb the Dojo's ladder. He needs to overcome all nail masters, even though they would likely be holding back. He needed to get into UA, he needed to finish first in the sports festival, and he needed to shove all his hard work into all those who doubted him in their faces.