Chapter 2

Present...

Heeseung is 19, and Y/n is 17 turning 18 since it is her birthday.

Y/n woke up by her alarm, freshened up to wear her training suit and went into Heeseung's room for their training. Basically, its her birthday. She was about to knock her brother's door when Heeseung already opened his door, giving his little sis a welcoming smile.

"I could already feel your presence outside my door y'know." Heeseung smirked at his little sister playfully.

"Good morning to you too. And yah! what time is it? we need to train now. Aishh.." you playfully rolled your eyes but couldn't help the smile forming on your face.

"Aigoo~ my baby sis is excited to train today because it is her birthday? come here~" Your brother hugged you then rubbed your forehead with his fist teasingly..

"Ow... that hurts you know?!.." you pouted and lightly smacked his chest..

"Yah! lower down your voice will ya, mother will hear us! We have to go to our secret place now or else she would forbid us to go out.." He hissed a warn at you knowing that your mother will definitely forbid you all to go out and train, especially you since she would always say that a princess should not train to fight or do what men does.

Your step mother is cringingly lovable yet very strict towards the rules of being a royal. She doesn't like people especially the ones living in the castle who is not following the tradition of the Kingdom. Usually, she would scold you for wearing your training armor and force you to change to your usual gown. She would force you to wear makeup which you find disgusting because you only wear makeup for special occasions such as fancy balls, meetings or parties. You obviously don't need to wear makeup because you inherited the rosy, peached skin of your mother's. 

You sighed at the thought and Heeseung immediately took your hand to go to your secret place for your training.

Your secret place for your training is a forest-paradise that has a special space that is also a gift from your parent's since the first day of your training. The King and Queen support the two of you, especially you who is willing to train to fight for your Kingdom. They would think that it is rare for a Princess like you to fight in a war but they know your reasons why you chose to be like that, a warrior. 

The King hired private trainers for both Y/n and Heeseung at the time when he remarried his current wife knowing that he wouldn't have the time to train them while doing his King duties. He also knew from the start that the current Queen doesn't want Y/n to train because she believes that a Princess should not do what men does.

All the King needs for his children is freedom to do what they want. The kids were never spoiled nor brats, but taught to be free and to learn through adventures.

While hiring the private trainers, the King made sure that his wife won't know it and kept it from her so that the kids will still be able to train. He even paid the trainers twice the amount so that they would keep their secret private. Even their trusted maids shut their mouths in order to keep their little secret.

Y/n and Heeseung would make an excuse to walk their horses or give them a morning ride everyday for them to train. They needed to lie to their step mother to go to their secret place to train, and be back before breakfast.

It has been a year since their step mother got used to her step children which she loves do what they were supposed to do. She let them be knowing that they are big enough to know what is right and what is wrong, but still very strict every time they would go out to the woods.

The teenagers went to their destination with their horses and found their trainers waiting for them to arrive. 

"Good morning Your Highnesses.." They bowed down to them and helped them get down from their horses. 

"Aye~ How many times do we need to tell you to call us by our names!~" you whined to them which made them chuckle.

"K! my man! wassup!" Heeseung fist bombed his trainer which became his bestfriend, K. 

"Unnie!" You ran to your trainer who you've considered as your older sister, Hwasa and hugged her.

"Y/n! Man! You became stronger huh!" Hwasa hugged you back.

"Say, we only have one hour left.." You said to them and pouted which they considered cute.

"Oh come on! less talking, start training you know?!" Heeseung said and made an aegyo to make you laugh since it is weird and cute at the same time.

"Gosh, I don't want to do that ever again.." He face palmed himself.

"THATS WHAT HE SAID~" The three of you chorused together and laughed.

time skip 30 mins...

"Anddd... Attack! I won. Man, that was so easy.." You smirked at Hwasa as she laid on the ground catching her breath from training with you.

"You sure worked hard Y/n! You became 2x faster than before!" You went to her and stretched your hand to help her stand up from the ground.

Heeseung and K trained at the other side of the forest so that you could have an alone time, training with Hwasa. Since he and K also know that you are different when it comes to fighting and it is creepy for them. They would tell you that you look so dangerous when you fight.

You and Hwasa decided to rest and started to talk with each other..

"You know, I was kinda like you when I was at your age.." She started.

"Really? You also once experienced to be free but then someone or.. something stopped you from doing it?" You looked at her with curiosity.

"Well, not really... my family never wanted me to fight because they said it was so dangerous. Well, it is true but fighting is my passion. I wanna be a soldier.. but do you know what made me happy all throughout those?" She smiled warmly..

"Hmm? what is it unnie?" You cocked your head onto the side which made her warm smile turn into a laugh because of your cuteness.

"Training a stubborn kid like you!~" Then she started tickling your side which made you laugh hard..

Your laugh stopped when you heard something from the bushes...