Chapter 8

Amelia

It was 6:30 and I was in my old room at my parents house. This room brings back so much nostalgia, I love it. I smiled while looking at the medium sized room. The walls were white because Mom never would let me paint her white walls. Everything in this room was light. The window was small and my desk was underneath the window. I always liked the color black as a child but Mom refused to make it my whole wardrobe or room.

After moving out I did sell my old colorful clothes and gave the rest to Macy. Now all I own is gray, black, and white. I was sitting at the desk looking in the small mirror, I decided to wear makeup tonight for our date. Date. I'm going on a date with a man that is the Prince of all Werewolves, and he is my mate. At this point it's too exhausting to freak myself out, this is ridiculous. I already showered and was about to call Macy.

The phone rang four times until she picked up. "Hey Amy" she said on the other line, "Hey" I said.

"Aren't you ready for your date? It's already 6:45" she said. "No, actually I'm not even close. I don't understand why I even said yes. I should just avoid him till the end of time." I said while rolling my eyes.

"What are you talking about Amy? He's your mate, you're soulmate." she asked in a worried tone. "I know he's my soulmate May, It's just I ..." I closed my eyes and sighed. "What Amy? Is he horrible? Does he have bad breath?" I stopped her rambling "No his breath is perfectly fine, I would know."

Macy gasped so loud I bet my Mom could hear all the way downstairs. "Amy! You have to tell me about it now! I want to know how Prince Xavier's breath smells like." She said in a very loud tone. "Yeah be louder, I can't wait until Caleb hear that his mate wants to know the breath of another male." I said.

"Oh please every she-wolf wants to know about the young and handsome Prince Xavier." Kat got really jealous, I had to keep her from coming out and yelling at Macy. "His breath smells like mints" I said to her. "How do you know what his breath smells like?" She asked in a clearly amusing tone.

"We may have kissed once" I said while putting my head down. "Oh my god Amy. When?" She asked, I put the phone down and opened my desk drawer to get my makeup bag. "I went for a run earlier and I guess so did he, and then we kissed."

"Amy, you do know that you're living every she-wolfs dream." She said to me. "Yeah it doesn't feel all bright, but I have to get ready for this date."  I said to her, I am getting really nervous over a man, I need to get it together.  "Okay have fun Amy." She hung up the phone.

I put the phone down and started to work on my makeup. I didn't own any blue clothes, so I'd guess the Prince will just have to be disappointed for once.

After I was finished with my makeup I decided to curl my hair because why not. After I curled my hair I took a hair band and tied it back in a pretty bun with front curls sticking out. I don't think I have any pretty dresses in my wardrobe. I have sexy dresses but certainly not appropriate dresses. So I guess I'll have to wear a skirt. I went towards one of my suit classes and opened it.

There was a pretty grey satin skirt with a slit, I paired it with a black satin tank top. I just hoped that this will do for this dinner. Honestly the thought about dates made me uncomfortable. Dinner dates were strange to me because there is no relaxation, but he asked nice and it was worth a try since the guy was my soulmate or whatever.

"Being attached to you is exhausting" Kat said in my head. I laughed out loud and shrugged off her comment. I looked in the mirror and checked my make up. I used blue eyeliner because he said blue was his favorite color. I thought it was funny at the time because I don't own anything blue in my wardrobe. So deciding my make up look was the best fit for the "something blue"

The only way that I can get through my time left in the pack is pushing down these nervous feelings of becoming Queen. My face scrunch in disgust and Kat felt prideful at that thought. So I can suppress the anger and sadness about leaving my life for a while and then I'll beat the feelings out.

I told Mom about the date and she started freaking out. She deep cleaned the house so fast I thought she had super speed. She was so happy that I had found my mate but she was so excited that her daughter was the mate to the prince and future Queen. Dad hasn't said anything, I haven't seen him since the whole pack meeting.

Ivan still hasn't come out of his room to talk to me, I'll talk to him tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to hold everything together and I'm clearly doing a terrible job at that. I get up and go towards another suitcase. It has my shoes and heels in it. I open it and decide to wear some nude heals.

I go to my door and open it and walk down the stairs. Mom is in the kitchen making dinner for Ivan and Dad. She's stirring shrimp pasta and humming. I smell the pot and she nudges me. She tunes and looks at me. "I thought you would've gone for a more colorful look." She says. We both start laughing and in the middle of our laughing the doorbell rings.

Maybe if I fall into a hole I don't have to go.

____________________________________

like and comment 😊