Unexpected Happiness

Kaleb's pov:

Things have not been going well between me and father ever since I threatened him that day, but it's for the best. It's been 3 weeks since I last saw Y/n. I'm honestly going to say, I miss her, very much. I tried to get her off my mind by going to clubs but I failed miserably. I have no idea where she is right now or whatever she's doing. I don't want to know her location, because if I do, I will search for her. The mafia gang was doing quite good, our enemies didn't dare to steal our shipments and equipments ever since that El Poseído was killed and their bodies hanged around the city by us.

I hadn't seen father, Dominic and Rosette these few days. I guess they're at Rosette's house. I walked to the kitchen, seeing the maid making breakfast as I spoke.

"Your shift's over, go home. I'll make my own breakfast."
I said as she bowed at me and walked away. I'm going to make my mother's recipe today. It's been 4 years since I last saw her, ever since Katrina's death. I went to the fridge taking out all the ingredients I needed for the recipe. I still remembered when I was a kid, mother made delicious Italian food for us. It was too delicious until I begged her to teach me the recipe and she did.

I needed to make the vodka sauce first.
I took out the ingredients and minced the garlic with my good knife skills, you guys know how I got the skills. I put the minced garlic in a bowl as I poured quality vodka in.
I simply simmer the sauce with a halved onion and removed it after the simmer.
I put in fresh basil as I poured the mixture into the blender and blended it. I poured the blended mixture back into the bowl and then melted it in the Parmesan cheese. The vodka sauce was finally done. I boiled the Delallo Rigatoni pasta and crushed some tomatoes. I finally put the pasta into a bowl and covered it with the vodka sauce while putting in the crushed tomatoes. The dish was finally done, one of mother's delicious recipe.

Jackson who just woke up rushed down to see what's going on.
"Oh Kaleb! Good morning! What are you doing?"
He asked confused as I smiled.

"Use your nose to figure out."
I said as he widened his eyes.

"PASTA! Gosh, I'm so hungry. Your mother used to make it for the three of us including Katrina. It was simply delicious."
He said as he jumped down the stairs like a kid and sat down in front of the pasta.

"Jackson, you're behaving like a 5 year old who hasn't eaten pasta before."
I said chuckling.

"I don't care. Come on, give me the food fast. Sto morendo di fame!"
(I'm dying out of hunger!)
I quickly divided the food for us as I gave him his food. He stuffed the food in his mouth, making weird noises as I laughed at his face.

"You look like a monkey eating, bro. Chill down."
I said laughing.

"Whutuvur."
He said mumbling. We both ate pasta while laughing and talking. I hadn't felt this much joy since the past few years, if only I was able to share this joy with Katrina and mother, if only they were here. But the joy was disrupted with a call to my phone. I saw the caller id as I picked it up.

"Yes Rosette?"

"Kaleb, come to me and Dom's house today. We're throwing a party among our family and friends."

"But for what?"
I said confused.

"Umm, it's for nothing, just come. It's starting at 3. Be there on time with Jackson! Well bye now, I have to leave."
She said cutting the call, leaving me dumbfounded as Jackson asked me.

"What did Rosette say?"

"She and Dom are organising a party today at 3 for no reason and they're inviting us."