Chapter Eight

We landed on the ground of the ships docking bay. We gathered near the door. A small hole opened up.

"I'm gonna go check it out." Noodles said. He stretched his neck out of the ship and looked around.

He shot his head back in and the hole shut. "We're all good." He said. Wheels opened up the door and we walked out.

"Am I just really small, or is this ship really big?" Guppy asked.

"It's enormous." Rewind said.

"Yeah. How are we gonna find our parents?" Fast Forward asked.

"I was thinking about that. Ms. Granada found us really easily back at Grandma's house, and I think I know how, your bracelet." He said to Missy.

He took it off her wrist. "I haven't been able to contact my Dad." She said.

"But maybe the transmitter in here that connects the two bracelets works like a tracking device. But I need a pair of pliers and a heat source."

"My teeth are strong because my Dad's a shark." She said biting.

"Perfect." He told her.

"And I've got a heat source. Heat vision!" Wild Card yelled. He however did not get heat vision he shape shifted into a toaster.

"And now he's a toaster." Facemaker said.

I picked up the toaster and toast popped out. I handed it, or rather, him to Wheels.

"Close enough." He got to work on Missy's bracelet.

When he was done we snuck around the endless hallways following Missy and her bracelet.

"Is it working?" Wheels asked.

"Well, it's leading us somewhere." She said. We continued walking.

"Hey! That was really good back there." She said to Wild Card.

"What? Turning into a toaster instead of making heat vision?" He said.

"It was heat-related. That's real progress." She said to him.

"She right." I replied.

"I guess it's progress." He said.

"You just watch. Pretty soon, you'll be teleporting like it's nobody's business. It's all about belief." She told him.

"Um, guys..." A Capella said. We all stopped. "Does anybody else hear that?"

"What is that?" The twins asked.

"It's below us. I can feel it." Wheels said. We all ran up against the walls to brace ourselves.

Something came up from the floor. It was a tentacle. We all started screaming and running.

"Which way?" Facemaker asked.

"That way!" Missy yelled.

We ran toward where she pointed. Another tentacle sprang up and we screamed again.

"🎶ahhhhh🎶" A Capella's eyes glowed again and she stopped the tentacle. We all ran around it.

We walked out onto this indoor balcony. It looked out to this liquid metal covered pyramid.

"Look at that thing." Wild Card said pointing at it.

We heard a door open and heard footsteps. We looked down and saw the president?

"What the heck is the president doing here?" Missy asked.

Another man walked up behind him. "So they're inside this thing? All of them?" The president asked the other man.

"That's correct." He answered.

"How long before the takeover begins?" He asked.

"According to the supreme commander, less than an hour."

"So soon?" The president questioned.

"That's what she says, and she's never wrong." He replied.

"You don't have to remind me. Ever wonder why we bother with all this when she already know how it's gonna turn out?" He said as the group began to walk out.

"All apart of the process, I suppose." The man said to him.

"What is that thing?" Facemaker asked.

"You heard him. It's a rocket stuffed to the gills with aliens. In less than an hour, they'll send it down to Earth and start the takeover." Wild Card said.

"Well, then we have to stop them. Let's go." Missy said. We all turned around to walk out the door when it opened and Ms. Granada and the guards walked in.

"Do you children have any idea what you've done? Stealing one of our trains? Turning headquarters upside down? Flying an alien shuttle into outer space. Hmm?"

She then squealed. "Well done! It looks like we underestimated your abilities and your leadership qualities. You took a huge risk, but it was the right risk. Headquarters was attacked just minutes after you escaped. If you hadn't broken out, you would have all been captured. And now you've managed to lead us into the heart of this alien mother ship?"

She gasped. "Mm. So proud." She said.

"Wait, so we're not in trouble?" Missy asked.

"Of course not. You are heroes." We all started cheering and she cheered with us.

"Missy!" Wheels said to her. "Her vital signs are all over the place." Wheels said.

Ojo then showed Missy her ipad. Then the president walked in with his group of men.

"Save your breath, Granada. They know." He said looking at us.

"Uh-oh!" Guppy said.

They all then sprouted tentacles out of their backs. "Hm. Well, then...round em' up!" She said twirling her finger upward.

They all grabbed us with their tentacles trapping us. We struggled to be set free. They walked us through the ship.