Chapter Nine

They lead us to a door and shoved us in. They dropped Slo-Mo in last. He bounced once before hitting the ground with a groan.

"Quite the pantomime, Slo-Mo. You didn't even scrape a knee." Wild Card said. Slo-Mo just shrugged.

"Oh, good. Just the kind of divisive attitude I've been counting on. You kids are just like your parents. The same in-fighting. The same bickering. Putting your own egos ahead of your team." Ms. Granada said.

Guppy pulled out her water bottle. "Take away her water." Guppy gasped. The guards tentacle grabbed it from her.

"They're to powerful together." She said pointing at the twins. The twins pointed at themselves and the guard once again used his tentacle to separate them.

Ojo held her ipad and looked scared. "Oh don't worry. I won't take away your little toy. I already know what your future is."

She held up a key. "Imprisonment. Life long. Hmm." She chuckled and walked out. She shut the door locking us in.

"How are we getting out of here?" Guppy asked.

"I...don't know." She said sitting down resting her face in her hand.

"I bet Ms. Granada's been working there for years." Facemaker said.

"They must have hacked the elections and put their own alien in as president so they could set a trap for the Heroics." Wild Card said.

"I'm such an idiot. President Neil Anami. Spell Neil Anami backwards and you have...I'm an alien." Wheels said showing us his ipad screen.

"Everyone thinks that the aliens only invaded this morning, but they've been here for years, planning this takeover the whole time." Missy said.

"And now we're locked in this stupid cell with no way out." Wild Card said.

"You're welcome. Any luck?" Missy asked Guppy who was trying to pry the doors open.

"I need water. Without water I can't use my powers." She said sitting down pouting.

"I know this is reaching far but Blast do you think you could blast the door open?" Missy asked me.

I froze and looked at Wild Card. He nodded at me. I sighed. "I can try." I said.

I focused on the door really hard to make sure I didn't hurt anyone. I built up as much energy as I could before launching it at the door.

It didn't work and I flew backwards into the back wall. I groaned and stood up. Everyone was looking at me worried.

"Relax I'm okay. Better me then you." I said.

I walked over and sat on the floor next to the seat Wild Card was in and rested my head on his side. He rubbed the back of my now throbbing head.

"Good try Blast." He mumbled to me. "Whatever." I mumbled back nuzzling into him.

"I need food. My stomach hurts." Facemaker said.

"My arm hurts." Noodles complained.

"My ears hurt! We never should have come to this ship. You led us up here." Wild Card said to Missy.

"You think I wanted us to get locked up in an alien ship?" Missy asked in disbelief.

"It was all of us. We did it together." Wheels said.

"I wanna go home." Guppy said.

"Me too!" The twins said.

"We all want to go home. The key is figuring out how to get out of this room so we can make sure there's a home to go back to."

"Wait a second. What did you just say?" Missy asked Wheels.

"He said we all want to go home." A Capella answered.

"Not that, the second part."

"Figure out how to get out of this room so we can make sure there's a home to go back to?" Wheels answered.

"Stop saying that." Guppy said.

"Keep it together." Wild Card told her. Guppy glared at him.

"Guys...maybe it's time to admit we're never getting out of here." Missy said standing up.

"What?" Rewind asked.

"I mean, let's get real. These walls and this door must be, like, two-feet thick. It's totally impossible."

"Wow, great attitude." Wild Card said to her sarcastically.

"Yep. We're never getting out of here, and we're certainly never seeing our parents again, that's for sure."

"She's right. Pretty soon we'll forget what they even look like. The way they smelled...it'll all just be...gone." Wheels said snapping his fingers.

"Well jeez, you guys are really bumming me out. But I guess...this really is the end." Wild Card said.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes. Wild Card looked down at me and saw this and started messing with my hair.

"But I'm not ready for the end." Noodles said.

"I was just starting to think...maybe my sister didn't hate me." Rewind said.

"I don't hate you." Fast Forward told him.

"I love you." They said together.

"That love we feel...is real. And...it's that love...that'll get us out of here." Missy said wiping a tear from her eye.

"Why are you guys saying all this stuff? It's almost like you want everybody to cry...Oh!" Guppy said.

"Guppy, quick, gather all the tears." She said giving her tear to Guppy. She went around collecting everyone's tears.

Wild Card took my tears from my face and handed them to Guppy. "Sorry bub." He whispered down to me. I shrugged it off.

She started to shape the water. "What are you making?" A Capella asked coming up behind her to see.

"I'm making a key." She said finishing it and hardening it. She handed it to Missy.

"Little Miss Guppy, you just saved us." She put her hand on Guppy's head.

She walked to the door and shoved the key into the key hole and unlocked the door. She held the key up shaking it as the door opened smiling.

"Come on, let's go!" She told us as we all ran out of the room behind her.