Accompanied by Death

It was the early hours of dawn and you were already feeling regretful of this day.

Did I mention it was also a holiday weekend??

Well... it was another year, another day when all pompous celebrations were in their uprising. And you sure as hell hated it. You couldn't even remember the last time you ever celebrated any holiday, in fact personally you never really cared much for them but this particular holiday was always the most loneliest one of all.

While others shared with their loved ones, happy smiles spread across their faces, there you were alone and cold from the lack of such affections. It wasn't easy for you and you would never want others to feel as you did but sometimes it seemed selfish of others to never acknowledge those lonely souls that roam.

In a hunters life though, it was much more difficult to just sit back, relax and although you shared many moments with the Winchesters from time to time you always felt out of place. No matter how many times they would assure you were indeed family, it always felt as if something was missing.

It may have appeared as though they, of all people on earth would understand and comprehend these emotions of emptiness, yet it was almost not true...

And today, of all days you woke up once again alone in a cold room, with no one to comfort you. Or so you thought....

As you finished your breakfast, you stood and walked to the library, for there was nothing else to do. The boys were out hunting and specifically instructed you to stay behind given your previous hunt, you had gotten injured and worried you might fall into the same predicament, not being fully healed yet they decided to give you a well deserved break. What the boys forgot was how much you truly enjoyed this activity... it was the only source of adrenaline and serotonin you invited into your day to day life. Still there were times it didn't fill the void of lonely that would creep on you but it was enough to distract you.

The day was half gone, the boys had not returned but you were not worried, they knew how to fend for themselves besides you wouldn't be much help anyway right? You sat close to the fireplace, your legs bent at the knees and brought up to your chest. You watched the flames dance and took every warmth inch onto yourself, recalling the few memories left within your mind, trying to figure out when did you loose yourself? And Why?

The longer you thought of those days, the more your vision became blurred from the now formed tears who were clinging onto your bottom inner waterline, gravity had not yet pulled them down. You fought them, sniffled a moment or two but alas they won over the battle and fell simultaneously on each side. They felt, as if, they were the wettest tears you've ever wept, how is that even possible you did not know but the fact that they made their presence known was enough evidence for you. The crackle of the fire continued its lullaby, as you had hid your face from its heat and cried silently, alone...

But then...

You hear faint footsteps...

Surely it wasn't the boys, right? No, of course not. Had it been them, there would be a blast of loud profanities, perhaps a laugh or two...

But then, who could it be??

"Why are you crying?"

Said the soft male voice...

You sniffled once again before you slowing looked up like an innocent child trying to look through their tears of sadness...

The blurred figure standing in front of you, bend down to his knees and brought his index finger to your chin, lifting your sight further to look him in the eyes. This man, was tall, slim, wore a black suit and carried with him a walking stick of sorts. As you blinked a couple more times the image became much clearer. Stunt for only a moment in the presence of such figure you recognized who this man was.