Harry's POV

"Elena doesn't like Quidditch," Hermione told me before turning on her heal and marching out the portrait hole. I looked at Ron and raised and eyebrow.

"She's mental, that one," he answered, shaking his head. I wondered who he had meant. Elena certainly hadn't appeared to be one to fight, especially with her supposed best friend. I doubted he was talking about her though, because out of the three, she see,Ed to be the one he liked most.

He wasn't a big fan of Lily after she told him off on the train, but somehow even though she hadn't been part of the fight, I thought that Ron was talking about Hermione. I shrugged it off and sat down on the couch beside Ron.

"Has McGonagall really put you on the team?" Ron asked excitedly. I grinned and nodded.

"What position?" he leaned forward in his seat.

"I think he said Seeker. Lily's a Chaser," I told him.

"Wicked!" Ron then launched into a full run through of some matches involving his favorite team, the Chudley Cannons. By the end of it, I learned that Fred and George were the Beaters on the Gryffindor team and the basic idea of how it the sport worked.

Some time later, the two of us found ourselves in the great hall for dinner, trapped between two very angry witches. Elena sat next to me, trying to talk to Lavender and Parvati, but I could tell it was only to attempt to make Lily jealous.

Lily sat on the other side of Ron, refusing to talk to an extremely annoyed Hermione. She bit angrily into her food, hardly even paying attention to what she was eating.

It was Ron's turn to raise an eyebrow. I shrugged it off and the two of us were in silent agreement to eat as fast a possible. Five minutes later I jumped up and led Ron from the hall, but not before I caught one last angry look thrown between the two girls.