Chapter 21 - Christmas Day

A.J had heard from Tonks that Alastor and Remus were escorting the Weasley's, Harry and Hermione to St. Mungo's on Christmas day after lunch. So she went to Grimmauld Place to visit Sirius.

Sirius was in such high spirits when she arrived. The house was decorated for Christmas. The chandeliers were hung with garlands of holly, and silver and gold streamers.

A.J laughed as Sirius opened the door and she entered to see the beards and hats on the stuffed elf heads.

He took her up the stairs to the first-floor drawing room, there was a huge Christmas tree decorated with live fairies blocking out most of the tapestry of the Black Family Tree.

"You know, I was wondering if permanent sticking charms with-stand the wall being blasted down." A.J said thoughtfully staring behind the tree.

Sirius grinned as A.J continued; "I mean, it's not like you need the wall there anyway."

"Excellent point, Lexi. Shall we try it?" He beamed at her.

Sirius moved the tree out of the way, as A.J cast charms to protect everything else in the vicinity, inside the Drawing room and the landing outside.

Half an hour later they fell into chairs in the kitchen laughing.

A.J had swiped a pile of magical snow from around the base of the tree and had started making swirls in it on the table.

Sirius was delighted the house was full again and Harry was with him.

"Fred's been watching the door a lot lately." Sirius watched her for a reaction.

She smiled down at her glass of apple juice.

"So, you and Fred. New development?" Sirius smirked as he prodded. He was aware of the breakup with Riley, as she had visited that afternoon.

A.J nodded as she sat focusing on her glass, spinning it slowly in circles. "I'm not sure on this one." She spoke softly, before looking at him with a smile.

But Sirius had heard the concern in her tone. "What are you worried about with him?"

A.J sighed and shrugged. "Not sure how this one's going to end yet." She suddenly smiled; "Oh, and Molly."

Sirius laughed. "Yeah, she's aware of your reputation with boys this year. Wait until Molly gets home."

They both laughed.

Mrs Weasley glared at them when she entered the kitchen; "Wait until I get home for what?"

Then her hands went to her hips as she turned her glare on A.J; "How long's it been going on?"

"Just over two weeks." A.J sighed.

Mrs Weasley's facade dropped as she stared back shocked. "Two weeks? But he's absolutely smitten with you. Every time the doorbell rings..." She was lost for words.

"I know, Sirius said." A.J said quietly. Aware there could be unwanted listeners she changed to communicating silently, letting Sirius hear her as well.

He was really determined; I doubted whether he would actually let it go. You know your son better than anyone Mrs Weasley, would he have let it go?

Mrs Weasley's face softened. "No, I suppose not."

"He's an amazing young man, but we'll be over in under two months." A.J shrugged.

She beamed at the compliment, before turning back to A.J with a frown; "What about you, dear?

"I'll be fine Mrs Weasley." A.J said softly.