ATEEZ | SAN & MINGI

MINSAN ONE-SHOT
SOLEMN
——————————————
Mingi has prosthetics, but he hates the way he looks. People talk behind his back, and he hates it. He wants to be normal despite the fact his partner, San, loves him as he is. However, selfish thoughts end up breaking promises and breaking hearts.
——————————

Cracks on a glass surface only occur when they have a big impact smack against it, for glass is known as fragile. The human heart can experience a crack within an instant of the bearer getting hurt immediately, becoming a broken heart.

"...Mingi, I don't know if this is a good idea." San bit his lip, looking at his boyfriend. He was uncertain, feeling overwhelmed by the constant begging from the boy - transplants to replace his robotic parts to human ones.

"It'll give me a chance to be normal again." Mingi would protest.

"You're perfect the way you are to me." San would assure. "The prosthetics are doing what they're supposed to." He held Mingi's hands, looking up at him - smiling in reassurance. "I promise. You promise you won't do the surgery?"

Mingi simply hummed, his prosthetic hand ruffling San's hair, and he slowly - with his prosthetic legs - made his way closer to the older, hugging him tightly. "I promise. You love me, and I want to keep you happy. I don't want to worry you more, so I'll stop insisting, okay?"  He smiled widely.

San got on his tip-toes, reaching the boy's lips, and Mingi leant down slightly to catch them into a kiss. His heart fluttered yet deep inside, he longed for getting that surgery. He hated going to work the way he is, constantly getting looks from customers. The murmurs whenever he walked by; the demotions due not getting any customers, just a very few that didn't mind how he was. No one seemed to like the odd one at his job. He worried someone might stir up a lie simply to get him fired.

He forced his mind to stop, his arms tightening around San. "...I promise," He murmured once again.

San simply sunk into the embrace, hugging back - concerned over his hesitant, slightly shaky voice. He didn't want to push it, remaining quiet to enjoy the small moment they were having together.

"...I suppose...we can use the money to make a small, comfy home out in the country, hm? How does that sound?" Mingi suggested, breaking away from the hug, so they could take a seat at the dining room. (It was dinner time.)

"That would be amazing!" San's eyes shimmered like the glistening stars of the night sky - excited at the thought of having a home again in the country. "We could have some pet dogs, or cats, or anything you want. Some swings if there's a tree nearby. A small pond for a garden..."

Mingi listened to the older ramble, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips - pointing upwards. He found it adorable, hearing the excitement in his voice. Everything San said, he could picture it in his mind perfectly. He hoped to make the dream come true a reality for him, he hoped so.

***

Mingi had dreadfully left for work, hearing the slight clanging of his legs as they stepped down on the sidewalk whilst he walked to the bus stop. Once he got there, he stood there - waiting for it to arrive. He could feel eyes on him, looking at him. He didn't dare to glance back; he didn't want to get scowled at, or see the rolling of eyes directed at him.