SF9 | CHANI & HWIYOUNG

HWICHAN ONESHOT
BEAUTIFUL SCALES
———————————————
Kang Chanhee was cursed upon the dragon guardian after his father mercilessly slayed the ignis dragon. He didn't know he became this creature, until one night he is chained and encounters someone that seems so... familiar to him. Someone who swears, despite not knowing him, would protect him became a human life is more valuable than one of a dragon.
—————————————————————

Fairy tales don't always have to end up happy with love. Sometimes, it is better when someone just accepts you for how you are, what you've become..

Why do I have to be here? Chanhee stared out the window-sill, his chin rested upon his palm while his elbow was propped against the wooden platform. He hated this feeling, not knowing why he was suddenly shoved inside an isolated tower attached to the castle, where he had some freedom. His source of freedom was the very top of the turret, where he could get some fresh air. He could get up there with the use of the ladder and the trapdoor, and he would just sit there and stare out towards the village.

His friends were forced to stop visiting him, which he doesn't have the reason as to why this occurred still. He would ask his father, but he would get no answer but a sigh and a sorrowful gaze that would quickly glance away from him.

Eventually, not even his father dared to enter - only dropping the food off at the door with a knock, and he would leave without a word.

It was upsetting.

Yet, one night, he heard it.

He heard the shouts of a man, a man who would come and go as he pleases every few days.

"KING KANG IS A MURDERER!!!! Having murdered the beautiful dragon of ignis!!" The man would shout. "He's killed an innocent creature! A creature who wouldn't dare hurt a fly!!"

However, the people would retaliate: "That dragon was a disturbance and a terrorizing monster."

But the man would yell, "His son will become the monster."

That... made Chanhee question everything: from the day he got locked up, the memories he couldn't remember ever since, his father's sudden silence... that man who kept shouting things.

***

Chanhee could not feel himself lay on the bed, he kept stiffened puffs and achened arms. He felt restrained although he knew, or he remembered, he was on his bed. He kept his eyes closed shut, but he knew he couldn't sleep. He merely hoped he would. He opened his eyes, groaning, but he found himself with chains against the grass.

He saw a boy around his age, a boy he swore he'd seen before, looking down at him with a smirk. "They said there was no dragon, but we found one. Those people are stupid."

Dragon? Chanhee began to panic.

The boy's eyes widened, tightening the chains, "Easy now, big boy."

Chanhee tried to yell at them, telling them they were hurting him, but he couldn't speak. All he heard was a vicious growl escape his lips.

"He's hostile." Chanhee heard another voice, his eyes widening as he saw the man who kept shouting accusations at his father.