SF9 | INSEONG & YOUNGBIN & DAWON

AN INDABIN ONESHOT
NOTE: NOT POLY, READ ON FOR ENDGAME SHIP BETWEEN INDA AND DABIN
"CAN'T LOVE YOU LIKE HE CAN"
——————————————
Inseong cannot love Sanghyuk, that is a given. However, Youngbin can because that is the nature between humans and angels, more specifically cupids. Cupids can only cause love between two individuals, strengthen it even to fortify that bond. Cupids cannot love—that is the rule, no exceptions.
——————————————

Cupids are part of the angel hierarchy. They are, nonetheless, an important rank amongst the angels despite the disagreements some lower-class angels have. Cupids are in charge of making people fall in love and everything after love, such as intimacy, etc.

There was one rule, though, because cupids cannot feel feelings or emotions. And that rule, said to every new generation of angels - particularly cupids - is they cannot fall in love themselves.

And this was the rule Kim Inseong must abide by, in a sulking, saddened manner as he, as a cupid, could feel the emotion of love yet could not love himself.

"Inseong," he heard a voice say, so he jerked his attention towards the source, spotting Lee Sanghyuk against the door frame. He smiled at the younger, beckoning him inside, standing to greet him.

"What brings you here, Hyuk?" Inseong looked at the younger, gently wrapping an arm around him to keep him warm, hearing the slight chatter of his teeth. He sighed gently. "This is what happens when you decide to go outside without a jacket, Hyuk," he flicked the younger one's forehead gently, narrowing his eyes at him as he dragged him over to the living room.

Sanghyuk pouted, "I was bored," he sat on the couch, "and I wanted to come see you-."

"And that led to you coming without appropriate winter clothing, huh?"

A small, sheepish chuckle left Sanghyuk's mouth, and a soft pink hue blossomed upon his cheeks, "Oops?"

Inseong shook his head, a smile remaining on his lips. "Oh, Sanghyuk, what am I going to do with you?" He laughed, leaving the younger briefly to bring a blanket from his bedroom. "Couldn't you have given me a warning, or like a text?"

"Uh... oops?" Sanghyuk shrugged, grinning, "I forgot that too."

Inseong blanked. "Of course."

Sanghyuk stuck his tongue out childishly, "Not like you can do anything 'bout it nowww."

"I can do one thing."

"Which is?"

"Snitch to Youngbin."

Sanghyuk let out a gasp. He felt a lump form in his throat when he gasped, feeling the warmth that covered his ears. "N-No!" He grabbed Inseong's wrist once he saw the older reach for his phone, "D-Don't tell him." He bit his lip, his grip tightening around Inseong's wrist.

Inseong's breath hitched, his heart almost leaping out, and he turned his head over to Sanghyuk. "W...Why not? He cares about you and—."

Sanghyuk bit harder on his lip, grip loosening around Inseong's wrist. "H-He... asked me out recently, and," He gulped, "I told him I'll respond soon since I need to figure stuff out."

So it's true, Inseong's gaze softened, holding warm pools of honey in his eyes as he watched Sanghyuk's nervous yet flustered antics. His smile became smaller, but he plopped his hand onto Sanghyuk's head—his fingers running through the locks of his hair. "I understand."

Sanghyuk's breath stiffened in his chest. He glanced up at the boy, "S-So you won't...?"

Inseong nodded, "I won't. These things take their time, so I'll help you."