SF9 | INSEONG & DAWON (AND JAEYOON)

INDA ONESHOT, WHICH PROGRESSES INTO DAYOON
WONDERFUL BURDEN
————————————————————
Kim Inseong is a time traveler, and while it is an extraordinary gift, it is a burden to carry. With every travel, a bit of his memory is altered. It is a burden he carries within, hidden from Lee Sanghyuk.
———————

Day One

"Hey, Sanghyuk." Youngbin's voice arose from thin air, and the younger turned to face him. Youngbin was standing there, his hands buried deep within his pockets. He posed no threat; as far as Sanghyuk could tell, he was there for information - nothing more.

"What?" Sanghyuk asked, pulling his lollipop from his mouth. "I'm on my way home, big man. Gotta make dinner for Se-."

"Let's walk together then." The other insisted.

Baffled, Sanghyuk nodded, and he accepted the offer. It was silent, and his gaze occasionally landed on his hidden hands. The boy couldn't help but wonder if Youngbin was planning to strike at him from behind with a dagger; however, he didn't allow himself to believe in such fantasies. Irked from the silence, he cleared his throat, "Was there something you needed?"

Youngbin clicked his tongue, pulling his hands out of his pockets. He revealed nothing in his grasp, and a low hum rumbled from his throat. "Nope." He paused, and he smiled faintly at Sanghyuk.

The wind brushed against Sanghyuk's sides, disheveling his hair. The leaves swayed with the wind's currents, some gripping onto the ends of Sanghyuk and Youngbin's hairs. The sun was bearing down intensely on the two men, and Sanghyuk squinted his eyes at the older as the sun was in his way.

"Then?" Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow. "Why-." He choked up on his words, coming to a stop. His eyes landed on a pendant that Youngbin yanked out from his pocket.

"I found this in the snow." The aura circulating Youngbin switched, and he tossed it at the other boy, watching him stumble to catch it. "Inseong should be careful next time."

"H-He hasn't been anywhere near here or the snow down south of us!" Sanghyuk clamored. "H-How the hell-."

Youngbin shook his head, and he knelt down in front of Sanghyuk, who had lost his balance and fallen. "Hyuk, I think your fiancé is hiding something from you."

The younger's mouth wavered, and he bit down on his bottom lip. His pupils contracted, but he squeezed his eyes shut and took a breath in. Upon exhaling, he fluttered his eyes back open and smiled sheepishly, "I think you're mistaken; Inseong and I share everything with each other." He picks himself back up, patting Youngbin's head. "I'll be on my way as you go to yours."

Stupid Youngbin, Sanghyuk bit down on his lip tiredly, stomping through the grass on his way home. His stomach grew upset, his heart raging in anger towards the older boy. Sanghyuk knew Inseong was always wary of Youngbin; he wasn't sure why they had to steer away from an old friend, but he did anything for Inseong.

Upon arrival at his home, he wandered inside. The scent of burning wood pulling him inside into the warmth. It was dark, except for the fireplace that lured him into his home. Sanghyuk took his seat on the familiar red couch, stitched, woven and fixed by his lover - including the pillows that were made by the other as well. His heart saddened, quenching insufferably within his chest.