Naruto

New buildings are being constructed in Konoha, with all that newly flattened land they shouldn't have to worry about it being level. This sight was something though, I kind of feel like Kurama right now... now I am Standing above a city I once called home. That home was abusive, manipulative, and torturous. Thats the home I tore down, now we can rebuild a new.

"Menma" my companion began, weary with word choice as air escaped his mouth "Thank you... for everything you've done brother.."

I winced at his words, staring down at my brother. His eyes are still so full of hope. He looked over me with love and fear, unknowing when his life will cede. I stared down horrified, if time had been slower I would have been able to defend him. I knelt down to my brothers side, stared boringly as he began his only regret to me.

"I want you to end it. I sought to protect the people who hated us, beat us, now banished my family and, and, and, I stood powerless. I want you to end it" his eyes darting toward the sun "the Land of Fire...Menma, this is my final request."

I stare bewildered at my barely aged Hokage. 2 great wars have ended in our lifetime, my brother fully sacrificing himself to protect his son Boruto and his nation, who now see the monster they always feared. "The Land of Fire" I growled to nobody in particular. I looked around to a battle field charred by fire. All these S and A-Class ninja crushed by rocks, sliced by swords, charred to crisps, torn, dismantled, gone...

I looked back at my brother, I never gave my enemies the pleasure of such a prolonged death. Naruto truly is lucky, but not lucky enough. I turned swiftly to see shadowed figures pace toward me. Panning back to my brother I met his gaze again

"Blondie, what do I tell them?"

"That is up to you, ya know."

"Nothing."

I turned away for a moment to glance at the ashen feilds around me. Naruto went beyond anyhting I have witnessed before. His chakra glowed with a power so fierce it would make that old hermit piss himself. Baryon or whatever he called it was just a stepping stone for Naruto, little did I know it would lead to a power grab this severe. Atop the bodies is Kawaki's, a hero in his lifetime narrowly following Naruto's footsteps. Who nearly killed Boruto in his deranged attempt to get revenge on Naruto, his former sensei. Boruto is alive though, who is crawling to Naruto's side.

"Menma..."

"I KNOW. I know..."

Following my scan of the battlefield, I locked eyes with my sister-in-law Hinata. How beautiful and radiant she is, her beauty surpassed the ash, blood and grime that covered her and her children. She began a slow pace toward my figure, I let out my hand as she took it. I pulled her, following me using my arms to pull my niece into a hug. I embraced the milliseconds with sorrow.

Grabbing my family, I flashed them to Naruto's side. Hinata, herself covered in the same grime as her husband, embraced her husband immediately shortly following was my niece, both consumed with sadness as their father's last words were forced from his lips.

I made a final gaze toward my brother before entering the mindscape with him for a time. My vision became clear again as I "saw" my mindscape. Naruto stood triumphantly in his 19 year old body, undoubtably his favorite choice. My physical space appeared in my current appearance. He spoke his peace to me, passions he wished he endulged and the games he dreamed of playing. The battles we won became the topic of conversation but fiddled away when both Kurama's snarled at Naruto's anti-fox chakra remarks.