the touch

                            DIN DJARIN DOES NOT WANT TO WAKE ANDROMEDA, ESPECIALLY TO TELL HER WHAT HE NEEDS TO

DIN DJARIN DOES NOT WANT TO WAKE ANDROMEDA, ESPECIALLY TO TELL HER WHAT HE NEEDS TO. His heart aches deeply in his hollow chest, the holiday lights woven around his ribs have fizzled out with the rains of confliction. He sighs to himself with his wounded shoulder fully healed but still pulsing because that had been where her fingers danced over him, with no barricades, last. He prays, to whatever is out there, that the last time she embraces him will not be because he's bloody and beaten, but he'd take that over the grueling goodbye that may just be sneaking its way between them while she sleeps.

His pace is slow and heavy as he approaches the closed door of his bunk, his hand tremors as he brings it up from his side and he shakes his head. Clenching his fingers into his fist, he slowly releases and then reaches for the panel steadier this time. The red, square button is forced into the wall at his will and the door slides up at once. The warmth is back as his gaze unfolds over the scene and a smile widdles away the angst drawing his lips down into an unsatisfied frown.

Andromeda is sleeping on her side, her peaceful features hidden behind the privacy curtain provided by her hair which had fanned out as she wiggled around deep in dreamland. Strands flutter where her even breaths push against the tresses, but don't carry enough strength to fully disband the conglomerate. He can tell her legs are pulled close to her chest under the cover of his large jacket due to the soft outline of her hip under the charcoal fabric and just beyond the inward curve of her abdomen, the child was slumbering as well. Large ear curved under his head and small arms hidden in the spooling fabric of his beige covering while facing Andromeda.

Tenderhearted, he slips his hand into the radiating aura of endless candlelight and bedtime fables. His finger hooks under her hair and softly to bring it away from her face, endless beauty revealing itself and supplying an electrifying shock up his finger and into his heart which makes all light return. His hand settles on her shoulder, he squeezes lightly and she shifts to roll onto her stomach as her sock-covered feet stretch beyond the expanse of her blanket.