Chapter 12

60 years later...

Bilbo sat in his chair, looking at the golden ring in his hand. After all these years, he still had it. It's power over him was growing. He was deep in thought when he heard a knock at the door. He quickly hid the ring in his hand. (Y/n) entered soon after, stopping when she heard the knock.

"No, thank you! We don't want any more visitors, well-wishers or distant relations!!" Bilbo shouted, and (Y/n) shook her head, about to answer the door, when the voice on the other side spoke.

"And what about very old friends?"

"Gandalf..." (Y/n) whispered, a smile growing on her face. Bilbo quickly joined his sister and they opened the door wide to meet the smiling face of the gray wizard.

"Gandalf!" the two of them said in excitement.

"Bilbo and (Y/n) Baggins!"

"My dear Gandalf!" (Y/n) cried as the two older hobbits ran forward to hug Gandalf.

"Good to see you. One hundred and eleven years old, Bilbo! Who would believe it?" the wizard said.

"Well, I certainly couldn't if I weren't his sister, but here we are!" (Y/n) laughed.

"And (Y/n)! Almost ninety two already!"

(Y/n) laughed at that. She was currently ninety eight, but her birthday was in two months. Gandalf had noticed the bead still braided in her hair, and he smiled, remembering the dwarf who gave her the bead, and how they fell in love. Sadly... he was gone, all because of the battle.

"You haven't aged a day" Gandalf muttered while the two hobbits smiled at him. They all laughed and Bilbo welcomed Gandalf into the small hobbit hole.

"Welcome, welcome..." Bilbo said, closing the door. Gandalf took off his pointy hat as he entered, his head barely grazing the ceiling.

"Tea, or maybe something a little stronger?" (Y/n) asked as she walked back to the kitchen. "We've got a few bottles of the Old Winyard left. 1296!"

"Very good year!" Bilbo exclaimed as he took the wizard's hat and staff.

"Almost as old as you are, Bilbo. Haha!" (Y/n) laughed as she ran to go grab some. Bilbo followed her to help, for she was getting weaker each day.

"It was laid down by our father! What's say we open one, eh?" Bilbo shouted back to Gandalf.

"Just tea, thank you!" Gandalf said, walking back and bumping his head into the chandelier hearing (Y/n) give her brother an "I told you so!". The wizard smiled and began to look around the hobbit hole, but not before bumping his head on a beam in the ceiling.

Bilbo's rambling was heard as he walked into where the fireplace was. On the table, was the map they used to find the secret door in Erebor. Gandalf picked it up and looked at it, remembering the journey they went on. The hobbit siblings came back into the room, Bilbo still rambling.

"I could make you some eggs if you'd like- Gandalf?"

He had disappeared from the room, and bent down from behind, startling them.

"Just tea, thank you" he said.

"Oh, right. You don't mind if I eat?" Bilbo asked, already stuffing his face with bread.

"No, no, not at all" Gandalf said, sitting down. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, and an annoying female voice could be heard on the other side.

"Bilbo Baggins! (Y/n)!" the voice of Lobelia screeched.

"We're not at home!" (Y/n) hissed as the two hobbits hid behind a wall. Bilbo creeped forward to the window to see.