chapter 5: knowing you

chapter 5:
knowing you

"Hey, Luffy-ya." Torao shook me awake.

"Huh?" I groaned and got up.

"Do you..." He blushed, "Want to go shopping with me at the mall? Y'know, for the baby."

The baby? Oh right, I'm pregnant. My dad reddened, I'm only four weeks I don't know why we should be going shopping. I haven't even planned on how to tell Eustass I'm pregnant. But I guess some shopping couldn't hurt.

"Sure..." I mumbled.

"Great, get ready in five minutes. I'll start the car." He smiled and left.

Torao seems excited, it's rare to see him smile. He's usually introverted and quiet, he barely smiles. When he does, it's really pretty. His smile lights up everything. What am I thinking?! I slapped myself I'm with Eustass.

I changed back into the clothes I wore yesterday since Torao's clothes didn't fit me. I saw him wave at me from the sidewalk. When I left the building my eyes widened. Torao was standing by a tesla.

"Come on." He waved and sat down inside.

Rich boy...

I sat down in the passenger seat, I looked out the window. Torao seemed to notice how down I was. He held my hand.

"Don't worry about your boyfriend. Just relax, stress is bad for the baby." He told me.

I sighed, "I'm just nervous, he gets really mad sometimes."

"What do you mean by mad?" He asked worriedly, "Does he hit you?!"

"No, no... It's just sometimes he can be scary." I shrugged.

"Oh, " He paused, "Let's head to the mall."

I bet he's thinking of all kinds of scenarios of Eustass being a bad boyfriend. He isn't a bad boyfriend though, he's just misunderstood. He's been through a lot and he needs someone to be there for him.

We parked by the front, Torao put his hat on me. It was the one he would always wear, the white fur hat with black leopard spots.

"Here, you must be cold." He smiled.

I blushed, "Um, thanks."

The mall was three stories tall, it had a large fountain in the middle. There were many stores, I smiled softly thinking about the baby. Torao held my hand.

"What do you want to buy?" He asked, "We could look for cribs."

"I don't know if we should be doing this, " I frowned, "It feels wrong knowing that I have a boyfriend and we're out shopping for a baby that's not even his."

"That's fine then, " He smiled, "We'll just buy some food. Besides we have a lot of time to shop before the baby comes."

"Thanks, Torao, " I sniffled, "You've helped me so much."

"No problem it's the least I can do since you're the one who has to deliver the baby." He grinned, "Let's buy some food okay."

"C-Can we get Takoyaki?" I hiccuped.

"Sure." He held my hand, "Anything you want."

We are some snacks at the food court. Most of the time we talked about how our life has been ever since we split apart. It was fun to talk to someone. Eustass barely lets me hang out with anyone. I don't have that many friends to go to.

Besides Sanji, although we haven't talked in a while. Eustass says he's a bad influence on me. I quit my job at the club because Eustass thought I was selling my body for money and I was some kind of whore. The money I saved up for me and Torao's trip I gave to Eustass, he told me he should keep it since he wanted me to forget all about Torao.