chapter 9: break in

chapter 9:
break in

I'm supposed to deliver the baby in about a week, it isn't always accurate so I could be early or I could be late. Whatever the date is, it's stressing me out. But Torao has been trying to calm me down by singing to me or playing music. He actually has a pretty nice voice.

It's calm and deep, it always manages to help me sleep.

We laid together in his bedroom, soft guitar music playing in the background. I sighed as I cuddled closer to him. I felt his heartbeat on his chest. I glanced up at him, he's handsome when he's sleeping. I looked at all his features, his smooth lips, sharp eyes, and his wavy dark brown hair.

I probably shouldn't be looking at him like this. I feel like a stalker...

"I can feel your eyes on me." He whispered, I shot up.

"H-Hey! I thought you were asleep!" I blushed.

"Nah, I couldn't. I kind of have insomnia." He shrugged and sat up.

"Hmph... meanie." I pouted.

A loud crash came from the living room. We both turned, we were only a few rooms away. It didn't sound like the wind. I immediately covered my stomach bump, I couldn't let the baby get hurt.

"I'll go check it out..." Torao whispered a got up.

"Wait!" I mumbled, but he was already leaving the bedroom.

It was silent for a minute. I got worried so I began to get up. It sounded like glass shattered, maybe it was just a baseball? Maybe some kids were fooling around and it landed in Torao's apartment. No, it's impossible. We're seven stories high and it's the middle of the night.

I gulped as I creaked closer to the bedroom door.

"Lu!" A familiar voice yelled, "Where the hell are you bitch?!"

It was Eustass.

My blood went cold as my body started to shake with fear. Did he hurt Torao?! I began to panic, there's no way he could've found me. Is that why he disappeared for months, he was tracking me down?! I started to breathe heavily as my heart raced.

I slowly exited the bedroom, then I saw an image that looked like it was straight out of a horror movie.

Eustass was there, pointing a fucking gun at Torao while he had his arms up as he kneeled on the floor.

I halted and turned to stone. My emotions swallowed me whole. I took a deep breath, it was silent, all we could hear is the wind outside as Eustass continued to stare at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat, I felt as if I was going to crumble into dust. My pulse hammered as I gazed upon him.

What the fuck is happening?

"Luffy-ya!" Torao yelled.

"Shut up!" Eustass silenced him, "I want to speak to Lu first."

"E-Eustass?" I stuttered, my body shivering.

He chuckled, "There you are darling! I've missed you so much!"

"P-Please." I began to cry, "Drop the gun..."

"Was it fun? Did you get everything out of your system?" He asked, "Are you able to come home with me now?"

"I-I..." I cried softly.

"Or would you rather have this fucker as the father?" He glanced down at my stomach, "When... when are you due?"

"I-In about a week..." I sniffled and walked closer.

Eustass still had his gun pointed at Torao's forehead. I felt sick, I wanted to cry and stop everything but Eustass continued to stare at me. With those bright orange eyes that looked like a cat's. I hugged myself and shivered, he's insane. I clenched my fists, I wanted it all to stop. I want the baby and Torao to be safe.

"Listen, Lu..." He frowned, "Let's take care of the baby, together. I'm willing to raise it since you're in love with it so much."

"Huh?" I breathed.

"If," He pointed the gun at Torao's neck, "You break up with this bastard. We'll raise the child, send it off to college, only if you leave him."

"What?!" I sobbed, my tears flowing down my eyes.

"I missed you, Lu..." Eustass began to cry, "You're the only person I've got left..."

"Eustass..." I softly said.

"Luffy-ya, don't listen to him! He's trying to trick you!" Torao interrupted.

"You know, I've always wondered what Lu saw in you." He looked down at Torao, "You're a mutt, you've cheated on him, ran away on your own fucking wedding day! Now, you got him pregnant. You're a real piece of shit..."

"Eustass!" I yelled, "I... love you, I'll take up your offer."

That was a lie, I'm fucking scared to death right now. But, I have to consider Torao and the baby. It's the right choice even if I did sound crazy as hell. That was until I glanced at the empty wine bottle on the living room table. I slowly walked closer to it, my legs shaking with fear.

"I-I'll live with you... and I'll do whatever you want." I cried.

"Hm..." He smirked, "Then maybe I should just kill Law, it's not like you need him..."

"No!" I shouted, "If you do that then I'll kill myself!"

"Tch, fine." He scoffed, "I just want him to see this though..."

Eustass began to walk towards. I started to shake even more as I felt him caress my cheek. He softly smiled and then pressed his lips against mine. I tried to keep calm as best as I could. I felt his tongue slip into my mouth. What's worst is that Torao is fucking watching. I slowly grabbed the wine bottle.

Gripping on to it, I smashed it against Eustass' head.

He fell on the floor, his head began to bleed. I sobbed as I saw him collapse and lay there. I just fucking hit someone!

Torao ran towards me, hugging me. He kissed me on the forehead, "It's alright, you're okay it's over."

"I-I just hurt him..." I cried out.

"It's okay..."

***

The cops had arrested him, I saw Eustass cuffed and in the backseat of the police car. I gulped as I saw him smile sickly at me.

"I love you." He mouthed out.

When they drove away I finally breathed. I felt as if I was going to die. My heart finally steadied. My stomach still lurched though and I couldn't stop shaking. His orange eyes, red hair, and his breath on my face. I wanted to die at that exact moment. I felt so fucking weak there as if I couldn't move or breathe.

Sudden pain in my stomach formed, worst than all the other times. The shock and the break in must've done something. I groaned as I fell to the ground.

"It hurts..." I groaned, "My stomach hurts."

"Luffy-ya!" Torao came to me.

"Ugh..." I looked down at my soaked pants.

"Your water broke." He glanced down at me.

"Then that means..." I breathed, "The baby is coming."