Chapter 8

*Bentley*

                                      I run into the hospital emergency room and right past the check in desk, making my way to the nurses station.

Bentley: Where is Harley James?

Nurse: Sir, calm down please, where is your guest badge?

Bentley: I don't fucking care about that. I want to see my fiancee'. NOW!

Doctor Lillith: Bentley you're here.

Bentley: Dr. Lillith, do you know where Harley is?

Doctor Lillith: Right this way. Follow me.

                                        I follow her down the hall and see Harley in the bed sleeping.

Bentley: Harley, what happened baby?

Doctor Lillith:  She may be out for a bit. We gave her some stitches in her head. She was hit pretty hard.

Bentley: Where is the baby?

Doctor Lillith: What baby?

Bentley: Sawyer, Peyton's daughter. Harley was with her.

Doctor Lillith: I'm sorry. When the ambulance arrived, there was no sign of anyone else but her. I'm going to call the police and have them come here for a report.

                                 I nod and watch as she leaves. I grab Harley's hand and sit next to the bed. Now I have to make the most difficult phone call....... I pick up and dial Ash. I just can't call Peyton. I tried.

                                                              ring ring ring

                                                                                             ring ring ring

Acheron (Ash): Hey man! Glad you called! Peyton and I just eloped!! You are now speaking to Peyton and Acheron Mitchell.

                                   I cringe silently as my eyes fill with tears.

Acheron (Ash): You there?

Bentley: Yea.......I have something to tell you.

                                                                                                             *Harley*

                                         I'm dreaming, walking down the aisle toward Bentley and when he turns around, it's Joey. I scream. I know he's dead, I feel so much pain in my head. What happened to me? The scene changes around me. I look down and I'm dressed in all black, Bentley is holding my hand and crying. I look around me and see Peyton and Ash just sobbing. I look in front of me and my hand is on a casket.....but this one is small. I throw my hand over my mouth and sink to my knees. Screaming.

                                           I flutter my eyes open and see white lights that hurt my head. A soft beep.....beep.....beep.....beep in the background. As my eyes adjust, I look over and see Bentley on the floor sobbing with his face in his hands as he says he is sorry over and over again.

Harley: What's going on?

                                                                             knock knock knock