Kabanata 23

In life, how many heartbreak do we have to meet? How many breakdowns do we have to experience? And how many emotional abusers do we have to encounter?

Because I can't count mine.

Life is unfair. Not sometimes. Always. I'm starting to believe that people are divided by three sections. The blessed ones, the average and the cursed. If I had to pick where I should be, I won't hesitate to pick the cursed one. Because why would I even deny? If you look at my life, you will never be at peace.

I don't understand why the universe turns out to be unfair for most of people. Why do people sometimes make me feel so scared and worried to trust again? They lie, they cheat, they rob your happiness and peace that you have. They ruin families and trust. If its worst, they kill people and rape women. Why?

"Are you okay?" a voice asked in the middle of my 2nd sip of vodka.

"No, I'm not." diretsahan kong sabi. "And don't even ask why."

It was a long silence and I enjoyed it. Siguro umalis na siya. They find me maarte and masungit again. I don't care. People always makes that assumptions about me. Dati, ayaw ko. Pero ngayon, parang gusto ko na.

Dad has been crashing my heart since I was a kid. Shae betrayed me. Rashid choose to break my heart at my back. My Mom.. if I lose her, I don't know where to go. I might as well fade with her.

Remembering their picture in my vision, I can't help but to feel that I'm under them all. That was my father's mistress. I never saw her but I knew she was.

And Elizabeth.. tumulo ang luha ko. Turns out that she's actually my sister. Is it? Ganoon ba, Dad?

Rashid and his family were there, too. What is he doing there? What are they doing there?

"For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we'd have to say goodbye,"

I wiped my tears when I heard Hunter's voice. Inubos ko ang baso ng vodka at hinanap ang bandang tumutugtog. My face was red as I saw Rashid on the stage. Bumaba ang tingin ko sa mga babaeng nasa tabing gilid. Malaki ang ngiti ni Elizabeth sa kaniya habang si Shae ay hindi makangiti.

"Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are, you..

Every night I almost called you

Just to say it will always be you

Wherever you are."

Hunter's voice shaked a bit.

The song ended. Nagpalakpakan ang mga tao at pati ako ay pumalakpak din. Rashid didn't notice me here, though he's looking around. Dadapo na ang tingin niya sa akin nang umakyat si Elizabeth sa stage. The members left him there. Elizabeth gave him a wide hug.

I smiled sarcastically while my hand were already shaking. Bumuntong hininga si Shae sa ibaba hanggang sa nakita niya akong nakangiti habang nakatingin sa pinsan niya. Namilog ang mata niya.

My smile faded when Elizabeth pulled Rashid. Kumunot ang noo ni Rashid at may isinigaw na hindi ko narinig. But she was eager to pull him. Hinilamos ni Rashid ang palad sa mukha at sumama sa hila ng kabit niya.

I closed my eyes. They're disgusting. Fuck you, Elizabeth.

Does Dad made you feel that confident, huh? Is he sating you such confidence? And Rashid, isa kang putang ina. You're one of a liar person. He knew all of my worries about my family. He knows my weaknesses and he choose to hurt me with them.