Kabanata 20

I went out of the cubicle while still hearing the continuation of the loud music outside. I had to take a break because of the call of nature. Rashid also left to get our food.

Isang babaeng dilaw ang suot at halos mukhang gown na pero hindi naman sumasayad iyon sa sahig. Nakaharap siya sa salamin nang lumabas ako. Mukhang kapapasok lang din. We portray the same character. Ang kaibahan lang, mine looks simple because its shorter than her. Nakatali sa itaas ang buhok niya at nahuhulog ang kaunting hibla na mukhang sinadya.

Nagkatinginan kami sa salamin. My make up also looked simple while hers is a bomb. She's stunning. May pagka-morena siya at sakto lang ang katawan. Her eyes were painted blue, just like mine. Its also wide-open while mine is a bit chinky because of my Asian blood.

"You're Shae's cousin, right?" I smiled at her.

She looked at me on my shoes until on my face. Umangat ang sulok ng labi niya at tumango. Her eyes wasn't too friendly, its all sarcasm. Or I just think that.

"Rashid's flavor of the year?"

"Excuse me?" I think I misheard that.

Tumawa siya at nilabas ang compact powder sa itim na pouch niya. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Nasanay kasi ako sa mga sabi-sabi na hindi daw nagseseryoso ang isang 'yon. I think they're wrong."

I didn't talk. Binuksan ko ang pouch ko at nilabas ang pulang lipstick. I'm using a sweet pink one but I don't know why I have to put this on tonight.

"But in any way, players will always play. And cheaters will always cheat." she smirked. "That doesn't makes sense, right? Depende na lang iyon kung boring ka talaga."

I raised my eyebrow. "It depends if you don't know how to be contented and you're stupid to cheat and play."

"Life isn't just about contentment. It's about satisfying yourself to live with a peace of mind. And if you're not satisfying enough, h'wag ka nang magtaka kung pinagpapalit ka."

"And you think life is about cheating just to satisfy yourself?"

"If that's the way you can feel satisfied. Mali pero masisiyahan ka naman." she shrugged. "If you don't want to be cheated.. then do your very best to satisfy your man. After all, we all have to be presentable to keep a man."

That is stupid!

Who is she anyway? Goodness, I was trying to be kind.

Matalim ang tingin ko sa salamin habang naglalagay ng pulang lipstick sa labi. Halos maputol ko na iyon dahil sa gigil. I gritted my teeth while her stupid statement rolled on my head.

Her mindset is something that I don't want to have. She thinks cheating is okay since you satisfy yourself when cheating. She's exactly tolerating that idea. Selfishness. Where did she even get those ideas?

I remember my father. Is this the way he thinks, too? Shame on him. Shame on them who thinks cheating is fine.

"Are you okay?" Rashid kissed my shoulders while I play with his phone and seating on his bed. Nasa likod ko siya.

We're both naked because of a long night today. It's midnight, I think. We did a lot!  Hanggang ngayon manhid pa ang katawan ko. Nakatabon ang kumot sa baywang ko pababa habang siya ay ganoon din.

I nodded and gave him his phone.

"I uploaded it already." humihikab na sabi ko.

His friends took a lot of pictures of us this night. Rashid requested to post it on his account. Halos puro mukha ko na ang nasa account niya! Even his profile picture was my face buried on my shoulder.