Epilogue

"Type n'yan mga bata." bulong ni Zhyner sa babaeng high-schooler ang suot.

Matalim ko siyang tinignan habang nakahalukipkip at nanonood.

She looked tensed because I was looking. With her pink ribbon on her hair and a bear designed wallet, I pursed my lips. Maganda, kaedad ko.. pero hindi ko gusto. She looks like a good girl with a very maintained grades. Napaka-inosente. Pakiramdam ko uubuhin 'yan magdamag isang buga ko pa lang ng sigarilyo. Not really for me.

Seryoso ako sa pang-huhusga sa babae nabaling ang atensyon ko sa dalawang babaeng lumakad sa harapan namin.

I ignored the red haired girl. Naalis ang paghalukipkip ko sa babaeng matangkad, mahaba at kulay kape ang kulot na buhok, maputi at payat.

Her uniform was too fitted and too short and it's perfectly showing her curves. Based on my observing, she's years younger than me. But her height and curves told me that she's reaching the maturity of girls my age without even trying.

She was laughing while holding her gray handbag. I also had to glance on her well-manicured red nails. I could smell her sweet pomelo scent from afar.

Her eyes were steel blue and is jewel-like with sweeping eyelashes. She would capture every soul by how she stare and blinks her eyes very gently. Her lips was like rosebuds. She's so soft. Every detail of her face is soft. Like I could break her in just a snap of a finger.

"He doesn't even look like a snack! Mukhang hindi marunong humalik. Ayaw ko 'yon, walang thrill!" she blurted and chuckled very seductively.

Damn, woman.

What is this? She's no soft girl! Walang preno ang bibig. Parang nag-init ang parehong tainga ko nang marinig ko kung paano siya magsalita. What a kid!

That was the first time I saw her. Pareho kaming high-school pero dalawang taon ang tanda ko sa kaniya. She's always passing by our corridor since her classroom is located at the other side.

I always pause whatever I was doing everytime she walks by. Halos mabali ang leeg ko habang masama ng tingin ko sa kaniya habang dumadaan. She doesn't even look back at me, not even once. I sometimes overhear their conversations and I always dislike what they are talking about. Mostly about boys.

"Avila 'yan. Matapang," a friend said to me one time when we were in the bench side.

They were practicing their graduation march. Nandoon siya sa may bandang unahan at katabi ang isang senior na nagkukunwaring parent niya sa paglalakad. She smiled sweetly at the man.

Tumaas ang kilay ko. "Ang bata pa, may boyfriend na?"

"Grade 3 nga raw, meron na e.." he said.

I snorted. "Not even a puppy love? Boyfriend kaagad?"

Tumawa si Carvajal. "Bakit? Ilang taon ka noong nagka-girlfriend ka?"

"I haven't."

"Sus! Balita ko nga sayo, kinder pa lang marunong na manligaw!"

I didn't talk.

I knew she was early exposed to many boys. I can see it with my own eyes sometimes. Kaya naman nang unang beses niyang magbigay ng sulat kuno sa akin ay hindi ko mapigilang mainis. I couldn't believe it.

Is this her trick? All of her the high school boys knows that she's a player. She changes her boys every week. Ang bata bata pa, ilan na ang naging boyfriend.

Heck, I had flings but I wasn't serious. All the girls I had wasn't really serious, too. It was all plain sucking and pleasure, none of it was serious. But this girl surprises me.