Boston

***MICKY'S POV***

"Micky, Babe, I have come to a decision," Rosalind's voice echoed into the phone.

"And?" I asked.

"Well, I really did miss you, so I have decided to accept your offer. I will call off anyone I have after your dear Ella and you will be my right hand man," she said cheerfully. "Well of course you'll have to work yourself up the chain of trust but regardless we'll be partners in crime again. You can keep your little day job working for the Hunter and when you are off you work for me, got it?"

"Yea, I got it, but I feel like there's a catch?" I said.

"Meet me at Pauls Bar after you get off work today, I'll get you started with whats going on," she said hanging up the phone.

Damn, what have I got myself into... I am working for a hunter, partners in crime again with Rosalind, and mateless. Damn dude. First thing is first. I have to break the blood bond. To save Ella pain and in case that bond is impervious to the pendent.

Grabbing my coat I ran out the door and made my way out of my hotel, as I left I noticed vampire eyes following me as I went. Damn bitch has her rookies watching me. She doesnt trust me. I basically jogged to the small hole in the wall store which was my new job and walked in. Five minutes late. Shit.

"You're late," Ryan chuckled, "on your first day too."

"Shh, I dont have a source of subtle transportation," I said.

"It's cool, we have no business anyway," he said casually.

"So why do you have a store with no business?" I questioned.

"For people who need to know things in our world; I have all sort of herbs and bizarre ingredients, books on nearly anything and everything, I have weapons, and enchanted jewelry."

"Do you think there might be a spell in there to break a blood bond?" I asked curiously.

"Yes ma'am, I know exactly where its at too," he smiled.

"Can I see it?" I asked.

"Yup!"

He led me to an old book and flipped through it. It took a minute but we came to a page with latin scribbled on it, good thing I knew latin. The spell was:

1 thing of what ever each species is allergic too
4 drops of Phoenix fire
Blood of one of the partners.
And a rope.
Repeat:
Blood once shared, minds once shared.
The link, a tether between the two, binding two souls together.
Bound to be broken.
Break the bond, seal the fate.
The fate apart.

"Can I cast this?" I asked.

"I don't care man, why?" Ryan replied.

"I have a bond with someone and I need to make sure they can't find me," I said.

"Alrighty then," he said.

******************************************

8Hours Later.

Wow, I forgot what it felt like not to be tied to someone. I felt bad, but it was for the best, all this was for her best. Oh well, she'll thank me in the long run, I hope...

I pushed the thoughts of my past out and continued my walk to the bar in silence. Outside and inside silence. It was peaceful really. I smiled to myself, maybe she won't have me do anything awful... I hope not. If she does... I'll have to do it, thats the bad part. I have to do it even if I disagree with her, because it protects Ella. And I am not gonna let anything harm her, at least not while I'm alive.